New World Record Rainbow Trout

just recieved an e-mail from a friend who`s two brothers just broke their own and the world class record for a Rainbow trout right here in Canada, Im looking with my mout wide open at pictures of this beast, get this 34 inch girth, 38.75 inches long and weighed officially at 43.6 LBS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh and just for fun they caught it on 6 lb test line,,,,,,,,, !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

as soon as i get the ok from them ill post the pictures,,, totally Amazingggggggggggg

cheers

ian :clapping::clapping::thumbsup_anim:

the fish was caught June 5th, 2 days ago, and will be upto the IGFA to approve, they actually caught 30 plus pound fish going for the 8lb class record last year and were denied as when the IGFA tested the line it broke at 8.89lbs and the limit is 8.81lbs :worthy::wallbash: , thats when they decided to spool 6lb so they would either make the 6lb or 8lb class range either way.

they have been after these records for a number of years now, some true 26year old die hards

the fish was caught June 5th, 2 days ago, and will be upto the IGFA to approve, they actually caught 30 plus pound fish going for the 8lb class record last year and were denied as when the IGFA tested the line it broke at 8.89lbs and the limit is 8.81lbs :worthy::wallbash: , thats when they decided to spool 6lb so they would either make the 6lb or 8lb class range either way.

they have been after these records for a number of years now, some true 26year old die hards

Wow...incredible story...incedible catch....THATS INCREDIBLE!!!

Hey wait....I just had great idea for a TV show....haha.

Wow, that's a huge fish....I guess to get the record confirmed he had to keep that beauty instead of letting it go? If he did, it's definitley worth mounting, if not, I sure hope it produces lots of healthy babies :) . Oh, and according to the site, the fish was caught in Saskatchewan if I read it correctly.

Maureen

I don't think stocked fish should be allowed as record holders. Maybe with a * beside them.

Either way :blink: , that fish defies nature.True Leviathan. Congrats to your buddies!

Agreed. But it is huge. Very fat fish.