Another Senior Moment

doubleheader

I thought of this topic reading the post about the boater who drowned on Lake Ontario, but I just didn't want to insert humor into that very sad story so here I am poking some fun at my senior self and hoping to make you smile. I've had a pee jug (modified plastic milk bottle) on my boat for years, in fact the same one has been on the last 3 boats I've owned,..........up until recently. I was out with my son in law on a recent morning and it seemed like I had to go about every 10 minutes, The weird thing was, I wasn't emptying much from the container. As a senior this isn't unusual, but this was somewhat unusual even for a senior. (huh) After about 4 whizzes I noticed the top of my tackle bag was wet. This caused me to inspect the rest of the boat at which time I realized my trusty jug had sprung a leak and I was peeing all over my boat. Even the top of my one shoe. Of course I'm muttering all this to myself when the son-in-law realizes what's going on. As if to brag he whips it out and commences to pee, knocking a turtle off a shore rock 20 feet away. I thought to myself, "holy chimole", but quickly regained some self respect by uttering "try that when you're my age". Anyway, once home I immediately initiated a search for the ultimate pee jug. Handle- check, sufficient capacity- check, sufficient entry area- check, no sharp edges- check, I had quite a list.......... off to the refrigerator I go!! Eureka, there it was, a quart size plastic OJ container, almost empty, sitting on the frig inner door. After a quick modification a christening was in order and she passed with flying colors. So, the new jug is my one and only boat upgrade for 2015. I hope she gives me years of trouble free service and that I live long enough to hear my son in law say, "Where's that pee jug?". :)

Now that is funny, love the turtle scene - and brings back some memories of learning about boats (as opposed to canoes) - had a similar situation myself in my first boat- lesson learned - Tim Horton's coffee cans are a 1 season solution :)

I now subscribe the recycle mantra, using an old 4 litre oil jug.

Funny story,my GF the nurse suggested I get a RX for the little blue pill,she said I should take enough to stop peeing on the floor & my shoes. :whistling:

She caught me heading out the door to do some yard work last weekend wearing a white sneaker on 1 foot & a grey 1 on the other foot.