One more sleep til my musky opener

Rizzo

The plan had been to do a multi species trip in kawarthas for a couple days...but saner heads have prevailed and we will be heading to St. Clair instead for 2 days of musky! We did the same last year, but didn't fare too well (hence the thought to go to kawarthas this time). Caught a few muskies last time, and one topped out at 49.5" (caught casting a strawberry sledge), but it was pretty slow (compared to how we usually do in summmer). If it hadn't been for the good one, I would have called the trip a failure. Haven't seen any St Clair musky opener reports but would be happy to hear them here (or via pm if you prefer).

(caught casting a strawberry sledge),

One of the best jerkbaits you'll find for a musky Roger and one of my favorites. I just sold a couple of them but still have a couple in reserve.

Best of luck this weekend and hopefully you get one of those big St. Clair slimy critters.

The plan had been to do a multi species trip in kawarthas for a couple days...but saner heads have prevailed and we will be heading to St. Clair instead for 2 days of musky! We did the same last year, but didn't fare too well (hence the thought to go to kawarthas this time). Caught a few muskies last time, and one topped out at 49.5" (caught casting a strawberry sledge), but it was pretty slow (compared to how we usually do in summmer). If it hadn't been for the good one, I would have called the trip a failure. Haven't seen any St Clair musky opener reports but would be happy to hear them here (or via pm if you prefer).

I'm planning on hitting LSC with a buddy tomorrow for my first musky outing of the year. Hope to see you there. Where are you launching?

Count me in that group! I havent got a musky over 40" in the boat in over 6 years!!!

Im heading to haliburton with the wife and baby this weekend and i hope to sneak out for a couple hours. At which point i would take a 30" and be happy?

Well we did pretty good numbers wise...between 2 of us caught and released 13 muskies in 2.5 days of fishing. Size? not so much. Our biggest was around 40, a whole bunch of mid 30's and a couple that you would need to put on the rack to stretch out to 25! Either way, lots of fun and got to bump into Krattor out there by the hump.

Gotta love St Clair!

Only lake in Ontario where you can get a 49.5" muskie one year, than get 13 muskies in 2.5 days of fishing the next year.

May not ever produce the Ontario record, but certainly no other Muskie factory in Ontario like St Clair!!!

Didja stay at Le Petit Dragon?