my dog took a whoopin. Nf

Wow,scary stuff,so glad your dog is OK.

Years ago my medium sized dog had a run in with a groundhog,he got bit on the shoulder,it didn't break the skin but the bruise covered 1/4 of his body.

Scooter never learned his lesson & to the day he passed,he allways thought he was top dog & had no fear of anything.

He was an "Ear Falls Terrier",Rick you know the area :whistling:

glad to hear your dog wasn't badly injured. Badgers is some nasty fellers.

this one will make you go "whaaaaa?'

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dachshund

The dachshund (UK /ˈdæksənd/ or US /ˈdɑːkshʊnt/ dahks-huunt or US /ˈdɑːksənt/;[2]) is a short-legged, long-bodied dog breedbelonging to the hound family. The standard size dachshund was bred to scent, chase, and flush out badgers and other burrow-dwelling animals

Edited by spincast

Wow,scary stuff,so glad your dog is OK.

Years ago my medium sized dog had a run in with a groundhog,he got bit on the shoulder,it didn't break the skin but the bruise covered 1/4 of his body.

Scooter never learned his lesson & to the day he passed,he allways thought he was top dog & had no fear of anything.

He was an "Ear Falls Terrier",Rick you know the area :whistling:

Wow! Yep i know the area well. All sorts of wild life up that way.

Ear falls/red lake is a gnarly area. From cinnis to wolverine to moose. Gnarly area

Everyday i worked up there i went to me car with 6-8 bears surrounding it.

Friggen nuts

glad to hear your dog wasn't badly injured. Badgers is some nasty fellers.

this one will make you go "whaaaaa?'

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dachshund

The dachshund (UK /ˈdæksənd/ or US /ˈdɑːkshʊnt/ dahks-huunt or US /ˈdɑːksənt/;[2]) is a short-legged, long-bodied dog breedbelonging to the hound family. The standard size dachshund was bred to scent, chase, and flush out badgers and other burrow-dwelling animals

One of my ex's girlfriends used to breed Dachshunds, cool little dogs, she had like 15 of them. They would follow her all around the property, until they saw another animal enter it, then it was game on!

That idiot in the first video is just that. I'm surprised not many comments about the I.Q. challenged imbecilic waste of good carbon and water that basically assaulted a Badger because he want's to become a You Tube star. Once he took the Badger from it's den, where it may have had little Badgers it was protecting, what exactly was duffus going to do with it? Maybe take it to a different " Fuld"? There has to be a law forbidding stupidity but there unfortunately isn't otherwise he should be charged with premeditated stupidity in the 1st degree. I wish the Badger had have latched on to his organs that are instrumental in procreation. If he didn't have offspring before that the laws of nature would kick in thus not allowing him to have DNA challenged little Badger hunters. Man. If you haven't watched the 1st video don't. It is a waste of 8 minutes of your precious life.

Rick, glad to hear puppy and you are both OK after dealing with one of those guys, they act like a Skunk on speed with a dash of anabolic steroids mixed in, you are both lucky. Your dog kills wolves?

lol - the honey badger... There was one of those nature documentaries on PBS a while back about the honey badger. This guy had one in his nature preserve for some reason - I think someone had it as a pet and realized eventually it wasn't a good idea. Anyway, he eventually had to take everything out of it's open air pen because it would move sticks, logs, rocks etc. to the wall and climb out, destroy the house and harass the other animals (including lions). Even when everything was removed he would roll up balls of mud and then climb out. Not to mention it also figured out how to open the latch on the gate too...

As for the lions, the owner of the sanctuary said the badger would run between the legs of the lion and bite his testicles. However, the second time it didn't end well for the badger. He survived, but barely.

I didn't realize even the badgers in this part of the world were so ferocious. I'll be well served to keep my and my dog's distance.