Photos of out of season fish...

kickingfrog

So, in your opinion, its ok in one situation but not another. And im silly?? Okiie dokie

Your comparison of a OOS fish and a fish that's still legal to angle for but out of the slot is what I found funny.

As for my opinion about a kid taking a pic with a OOS fish vs a grown adult? The smile on the kid would be worth it :)

All I can say is that the problem lies with the anglers that have no idea about handling fish. Example: Fish flopping around on the bottom of the boat in a net, so a picture can be taken with everyone in the boat.

It's a stupid rule and I rarely use that word. This rule will not stop the above example from happening.

Officer's discretion is what it is. Try the "Well the other CO said he'd never give me a ticket for this" it might work.

Many drivers speed 10kph over and don't get a speeding ticket, doesn't mean it's not illegal. "Hey, buddy the last cop let me off, and surely you're not a big enough fool to give me one are you?"

Slot fish need to be measured to determine if they are in/out.

Just this weekend my son caught one of the bigger smallmouths I've seen the last few years, 5-6lbs. It was at least 3 times bigger any bass he's caught. He had no issues with it going back in the water right away. He did want me to remember the spot so we could come back when the season opened.

"Ok, one more your eye's were closed. Oh crap, I cropped the tail out. Wait, did the flash go off? Shoot, the fish's eyes were closed.

you should have taken pictures of him taking the hook out and releasing it :)

There's this too... why does every fish need to be posed for? Or do you just need an opportunity to hold it 6' in front of you and make sure you have the wide angle lens on the camera so the fish looks 3 x the size it actually is?

There's this too... why does every fish need to be posed for? Or do you just need an opportunity to hold it 6' in front of you and make sure you have the wide angle lens on the camera so the fish looks 3 x the size it actually is?

Gotta impress the Facebook crowd :)

I would be all for this being enforced, Ive taking a pic or two of an OOS fish before if i feel i can do so quickly and without harming the fish, but would never post it to Facebook or a fishing forum....not impressing anyone with an OOS fish anyways

Its crazy to me that anyone would have a problem following this rule if asked...

You can put me in the category of people who love pictures. I like to take lots of them and enjoy sharing them with my fishing buddies. Hate me if you want, but I even post them on forums like this one and *gasp* on Facebook.

I find pictures a great way of capturing memories. I love to go back through old pics and reminisce about past trips. I also love to see pics of fish other people caught, which is why I LOVE the great trip reports that get posted on here.

It's not about bragging or trying to impress anyone. It's about sharing a fun experience with like-minded people.

This new rule is taking away a part of fishing that I really enjoy. Granted, I don't catch that many OOS fish, so it's really not that big of a deal, but it does irk me since, practically, the rule is useless for protecting the fishery.

You can put me in the category of people who love pictures. I like to take lots of them and enjoy sharing them with my fishing buddies. Hate me if you want, but I even post them on forums like this one and *gasp* on Facebook.

I find pictures a great way of capturing memories. I love to go back through old pics and reminisce about past trips. I also love to see pics of fish other people caught, which is why I LOVE the great trip reports that get posted on here.

It's not about bragging or trying to impress anyone. It's about sharing a fun experience with like-minded people.

This new rule is taking away a part of fishing that I really enjoy. Granted, I don't catch that many OOS fish, so it's really not that big of a deal, but it does irk me since, practically, the rule is useless for protecting the fishery.

I love taking pics and sharing pics as well, but if the law stated you could not take pics of OOS fish, or Post pictures of fish caught out of season, i would have zero problem with that

The rule is certainly not useless for protecting the fishery....if it helps get OOS fish back into the water quickly to finish spawning/protect its eggs or nest, that can only help

Catch a big bass that's guarding its nest, release it right away and it goes straight back to the nest to protect it...

Catch a big bass and look for your camera, snap a few pics, drift 30-40 yards away....take the extra 10-20 seconds needed to help revive the fish...put it back and it likely has to look around for its nest for a few minutes, they finally get back to the nest and half the eggs have been eaten by bluegill....

• 2 weeks later...

If this 'no picture' rule is as strictly enforced as some claim, then I recently posted a video on this board of me doing something illegal, and I would do it again. The reason? Simple: Last year at Killarney PP I had an incidental catch of a lake trout, which are off limits in George Lake. But I know that the park wants information on lake trout in order to assess the status of the population. So instead of releasing it immediately I measured it, and held it up to my video camera to prove what it was. If I had a scale it would have been weighed as well. When I showed the park warden he wasn't in any mood to ticket me, instead he was almost ready to kiss me. He wanted that information! By the way, the trout in question was last seen swimming back toward the bottom of the lake, in apparently fine condition.

The 'zero tolerance' mentality is incompatible with justice, because true justice depends on discretion.