A rare fish report

HTHM

Went out with a friend today for some cats somewhere between the dam and Erie on the Grand River. We had an epic day, alternating net duties, until a certain someone who will remain un-named messed up the MOJO and caught a fish out of turn....

The numbers: over the course of four hours we boated 12 cats ranging from 5 - 15 pounds. The most caught were 7 pounds (ish).

The bonus catch was a snapping turtle, that was deep hooked and wanted nothing to do with our rescue efforts. So rather than sacrificing a finger we cut the line. I hope he'll be OK. He was deep hooked so hook removal would have been impossible.

No pics so, it didn't happen. *Or did it???*

Edited by HTHM

I'll have to give cat fish and carp a try one day. Sounds like a good day to me. Off for Walleye this week myself Wednesday or Thursday should be good. Point proven, more reports and fishing talk might bring more responses to posts like this OFC has shifter a few years ago to very open forum, chatting about harper, hockey, boats, cars, gardening, staining wood, sanding decks, cutting grass, and whatever else comes to mind haha the list goes on haha still a great place full of good people. I put up a few big reports every year, the small (1-day) reports might get you and 5 or 6 guys chatting and usually photos are a must we all know that. It's always nice feeling to put together a short story about your trip and to have fellow members congratulate/chat about your fish and experience.

Thanks for posting, have had a few trout outings this spring can't wait to do a write up after a couple more trips on the lake!

MTBF

Edited by MikeTheBassFisher

well, your ratio is improving 650 views now and including this 8 replies, but then one is yours :)...

I think I know that spot (now). Looks like the second trip to the bull-rushes produces the prize. Nice outing

"until a certain someone who will remain un-named messed up the MOJO and caught a fish out of turn.... "

You have video review??

Could have, but someone's phone wasn't in operation.... Once again I am not naming names to spare myself any embarrassment. :w00t: