An odd request NF

As some of you may know, I've spent the last 2 months prepping for my first hunting season. I've scouted a few parcels of public forest for next week's turkey opener and know there are a couple birds around but both a ton. What worries me is that after opening week there will be no sense in even trying this forest once it sees some pressure. Which brings me to my question.

After opener passes I would like to have another option for where I could go and escape the crowds. Because I decided that I was going to do this so late in the offseason I didn't get a chance to bang on doors to get access to any private lands. If anyone has land in turkey country that they may be open to having a bow hunter on this spring you can send me a message and we could work details out. I would be very willing to help out with work on the property, clean up any garbage I find (of course I would never litter), I would also be happy to share the bounty. I realize that it's not the most conventional way of putting this question out and that it's very late to be doing this but if figured it was worth a shot.

Thanks for any help,

Chris

Wait 2 weeks, birds will settle and the hunters thin out. We hunt private land strictly, and even so opening day is no big deal. Sometimes they are henned up. The last 2 weeks of the season always brings some spectacular hunting. It's not to late to doorknock now. We often cruise for new properties after a morning hunt, and do quite well. You need to pick an area, find someone willing to let you hunt, then don't screw it up for a few years. We have a ton of property because if good references from other farms, and we have a good reputation. That's my advice for what it's worth. We hunt with our kids now, so unfortunately don't have room for new guys. Best of luck with the season!

I'm also short of a spot to hunt. The problem with knocking on doors is that a lot of farmers are weary of people that they don't know. Whatever you do don't scout without permission. With the arsonist still at-large people are on edge. My uncle lost his barn on Easter weekend along with 3 other fires...