2015 Baseball Thread

AKRISONER

Bautista is going to take matters into his own hands. I can see this getting ugly.

He has. Twice this season they've thrown behind his head and twice in the same at bat he's hit a home run. His pitchers are the ones that need to keep the things inline.

Two sentences: Jose Bautista is a baus. Buck Showalter is an arse.

Showalter demanding respect for his players? You've got to be kidding. Every team he's managed has never been afraid to throw at guys. It'll be at the hands of one of his pitchers that someone will be "lying on the ground in a pool of blood" - his own words.

This is when things get scary. In the NHL if a guy takes a head hit you can argue that it was in the heat of the game. Savard is a prime example, it was terrible what happened to him but I doubt (hope) that intent to injure was not there.

What happens when you blatantly throw at a guys head and it ends his career or his life?

Look at the first time Baltimore threw the ball behind Jose. The Catcher was able to catch the ball. Either that Catcher has ninja reflexes or the intent is obvious.

Was just reading the write-up from the game on the Baltimore Sun. Funny how they said in the article on April 12 Bautista was pitched "high and tight". It was thrown behind him! However, the people commenting on the article agreed with Jose's sentiment, even if they didn't appreciate his antics.

I for one hope nobody gets a ball thrown at their head. If you need to do something, hit Jones in the ribs or the hip. Otherwise, just beat up on them on the scoresheet. Things like this can get scary real quick.

• 1 month later...

Anybody see that 9th inning yesterday? I literally could not believe what I saw. Maybe the baseball gods are finally smiling on Canada's only entry into American past-time? I seriously think they've been punishing us since the back to back world series in 92-93 and finally had enough when the Expos were primed to keep the world series north of the border in 94.

Sunday night's 9th inning was the most fun I've had listening to the game on my Grundig in a long time. No Sportsnet, so I can't watch but I actually like to listen the the game on my radio. You could absolutely hear the energy in the building as the inning unfolded. Muni's leadoff double got the crowd going.

And then tonight, the starting pitcher chased out with only 1 out. Let's hope they keep it going for a while.

There is no rightful way the Jays should be a sub-500 team with the talent they have. They'll come back to earth in a little while, but hopefully by that time their record has normalized to what it should have been all season. In the meantime, a bullpen arm would be a godsend. You can really tell they're searching hard for one, trying to promote from within right now. But who do you give up?

Also, don't get too far ahead of yourself, but the Yankees have won 6 straight too. I guess it comes down to which team you think is more sustainable right now. I said at the start of the year the Yanks are too old to be competitive, but I guess you should never discount experience.

I liked the way they came back the next day after that win they did not deserve against the Astros and completely pounded the hell out of the Marlins. I think they need to do the same again today. Although this might be "the test" since I don't think the odds are in their favour with a AAA starter pitching. If they lose today they can't let a streak in the other way start.

Personally I think they are Showcasing Copeland to trade him, show that he's major league ready to draw interest to package him for a big time pitcher! There was no other reason to push Sanchez back, especially after throwing a beauty of a game last outting, 9th inning and only 100 pitches!