nf, furnace help

jedimaster

Anyone know where to start with a furnace not coming on? Tried new batteries in the honey thermostat. The pilot is lit, fuse is on. Tried new batteries, switching thermostat to manual fan on, resetting breaker, turning off the pilot waiting for 5 minutes then turning pilot back on. The fan won't come on nor will the gas ignite.

Sounds like an older furnace with a standing pilot ? probably no electronic circuit board & blinking lights ?

Did you say the fan wont run on "AUTO" or "ON" position ?

Do you have and are you handy with a multimeter ?

If the pilot is on and the thermocouple does not tell the gas safety shut off and gas control valve it is on the control valves will not open. Many interlocks but this usually is the culprit when it suddenly stops working. On an old unit I had the fan did not come on until the heat exchanger was up to temp otherwise it will blow cold then luke warm air not hot air. Nice to be a renter when this happens I guess.

Also make sure your condensation drain hose is not blocked/clogged. If water backs up into the fan housing, your furnace will also shut down.

I don't think this is a high efficiency furnace with a condensate drain.

As for the thermocouple, the pilot will not stay lit if the thermocouple was defective.

if the furnace fan will not run then there is a SERIOUS deeper problem,it should come on regardless of the heat setting or thermal coupler recognition !! Please DON'T blow up your home trying to fix it get an expert !!!!!