Daytime Carp Report - June 4

ccmtcanada

My day started at 5:45am. I got up to go to work. There were light showers outside...just as forecast. I hopped in the car at 6:30 and started the trek into Toronto. At around Morningside Ave, my wipers stopped...just like that...in the middle of the windshield!!

I could barely see the road!!! I got off at the next exit and safely parked in a parking lot, and then called home. Bly checked the radar and it didn't look like it was going to stop raining anytime soon, so I called CAA. I had them tow me home.

We've had problems with the wiper motor before, so I knew where to start working. After removing the motor I found out that it was finally blown. I call a parts place and they have to order it. I then decided it was time to leave this mess....

gallery_60_23_64335.jpg

I checked the time...perfect for having a bite to eat...walking the little one to school, and then out to a local fishing hole for some carp!!! LOL.

Bly and I packed up the car and got there at 1pm. We had about 2 hours to fish. We were hoping to have a daytime report....007 had requested one, so we hoped this one would include a fish or two. There were a few others there, so we setup our rods and cast out there. There was someone in the spot we wanted to fish, so we had to make due with where we were. Well...no line bumps, no action, no nothing!!! We chatted with a bunch of classic car owners from North Bay...they were lost and needed directions to the local Princess Auto. They asked what we were fishing for...Bly said "big carp!"...they guys yelled out "Attagirl!!!". LOL

Anyhow, the guy who was in our preferred spot left, so we moved over and cast our lines. About 10 minutes later, my line is pulled...fish on! I had cast wayyy out there, so this one took about 15 minutes to land. Here it is...a 29", 13 pounder.

gallery_60_23_114782.jpg

Time was running out...we had to leave at 3pm. I decided to try get some positive karma by getting a trash bag and picking up litter along the banks. (or I ran out of chum...LOL). As I'm doing this, I look up and see Bly fighting a fish!!! She had 10 minutes to land the fish...we had to get our little one from school!! Here was her fish...30", weighing in at 12 pounds.

gallery_60_23_95060.jpg

Well, hopefully our other car will break down tomorrow so I can fish again...LOL. It's true...the fish look brighter in the daylight...dont get me wrong...still ugly, but brighter....haha.

I tried for carp on the weekend as well but they were spawning. All you can ehre and see were carp. Hopefully the'll be done by the end of them month so I can get the first big one of the year. Nice report guys, and wtg on the fish.

WAY TO GO GUYS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :thumbsup_anim: You are both catching some amazing Carp, but they sure are ugly.LOL :w00t: It was too bad that your car decided to screw you over on the way to work this morning, but then hey look what happend, you caught some beauty's! BTW, I want to thank you and Carol for your support and help since I have not been well. You guys are the best! :thumbsup_anim: THANK YOU!

Edited by fishergirl72

congrats on ... your car breaking down <_< and your fish!

great to see some daylight in your report :D ... don't forget the sunscreen though ... after being outside topless for a couple of hours on saturday my back/shoulders are totally burnt lol

Hmm maybe I should walk upstairs to your office here Cliff and show them the pics :)

Seems weird seeing sunlight in your photos but damned if you can't bring 'em in day or night, congrats.

Ummm....buy you lunch next week??? LOL

How to put the pressure on Bly "Hurry up hon, we gotta get to the school in 10 minutes, hurry, hurry..... talk about sabotaging eh Cliff :lol:;)

Nice carp, as far as carp go :thumbsup_anim:

Joey

You figured me out Joey...I told her 10 minutes, but actually had around 20....LOL. She still landed the thing....dang!!! I'll have to get some sabotage tips from you :thumbsup_anim::whistling::angel:

congrats on ... your car breaking down <_< and your fish!

great to see some daylight in your report :D ... don't forget the sunscreen though ... after being outside topless for a couple of hours on saturday my back/shoulders are totally burnt lol

You wont find me topless...but I'll be sure to let bly know.... :thumbsup_anim::D

Now that's what I'm talking about! Great report and big fish as usual, though not so good news about the car. Now with the sun on them we can see how really beautiful.... my mistake ugly those carp are! LOL Thanks for the report Cliff.

Day or night . . . ya STILL get 'em!! A bit easier in daylight I'd think, ya can see where they're going . . . . I can't even imagine bringing one in when it's pitch dark! I'm hoping to squeeze in a trip between medical appointments (hopefully this Saturday,) to hit either Port Hope or Hammietown. I MIGHT even go back to basics . . . a few kernels of corn on a hair rig . . . no feeder or groundbait, and get REAL stingy with the 'chum!' Might even just boil it plain . . . . what worked well last year has produced lousy results THIS year!

Great write-up! Too bad about the car...I may have to join you one day to learn a few new tips and tricks.

Get tips from me?? More like the other way around!! LOL. Most of what I try out there comes from this board...so I've already been soaking up knowledge from guys like you. Would still love to hook up sometime though...with you and a few others, to get a look at your setups...not that I'm going to buy any of it....LOL