Fish species you caught so far and plan on catching

LostAnotherOne

So how's this winter been for you guys so far. Only got out a few times this year winter. I don't know if it's just me, but I'd rather drive for three hours up north with the boat, launch it, fish all day, put the boat back on the trailer, and come all the way home instead of dealing with this ice fishing stuff. Anyways I caught my first Ling this year which was pretty exciting. Also got a few jumbo perch and small walleye so far. I plan on beating my total species record of last year which was 12. Gotta land a musky again. What about you guys?.

My main goal is to get a real Steelhead in a couple weeks. I caught one last year but it was just a little shaker. Also lost a big female.

Another goal is to get to my favourite back country Pike lake up north. Haven't been there in about 6 yrs and its killin me!!

Ice fishing is for suckers, but if our winters are going to be like this from now on I may have to start suckling... lol

I plan on hitting up a few rivers as soon as trout opens. Apparently where I live there is some of the best trout fishing around, although it's all catch and release. I'll likely head up to the saugeen watershed to see if I can't find some there too. I just bought and ultralight rod and reel so it'd be a shame to not test it out.

The rest of the time I'll probably be targetting bass, pike and when I go up north I'll be getting into pickerel. I know of a pond nearby where I grew up that used to be stocked with browns but now is apparently full of smallies which I can't wait to visit. It's a private lake too and my family is still good friends with the owners.

Other than that, if they're biting then I'll catch 'em!

Ill catch lots of great fish this year, no doubt.

But with my slight change on location my eyes are set on one big prize this year, and thats musky.

Im a total newbie and i already bought a tranx lol.

Open water reports are coming in now. Soft water is very close for me

I've caught my first splake this year, rainbow trout, perch and herring. I'd like to try my hands at getting a channel cat. I'd be ecstatic about gettin' a musky. Other wise I'll probably spend my time going for resident browns, maybe brooks during the spring. Hunt down some panfish and then slam some bass. I wouldn't say no to a walleye, but I don't really target them. Oh and I'd like to track down a bowfin.

Mudpuppies eh Joey?

Already got some trout. Missed my whitefish this winter. This summer I'm thinking carp and gar for my new species. All the regulars will come too, bass, walleye, perch, pike.

I didn't get splake this winter. Anyone know how to catch em over the summer? I know the lake just not the technique.

Edited by jeremy84