Walleye in heavy current

sneak_e_pete

Speed and volume are not necessarily related.

Really? More depth equals more volume at the same speed, and a decrease in depth equals more speed for the same volume. That's how I see it. Been a long time since high school tho lol.

Cheers

Troll the current and breaks with bottom bouncers & worm harness or cranks the technique is called "hot shotting" it's deadly in heavy current troll just barely faster than the current & work your boat across the current back & forth wile matching your bouncer size to keep ticking bottom and it's a done deal !!!!! Sometimes it can take an hour to only troll upstream 1,000feet bit you are working the bouncer across and on an angle back & forth through the current !!!!! Been doing it for 30yrs !!!!! You can almost fish any speed current that way deadly deadly way to do it ..... And cause it's a bouncer your bait is always always in the strike zone cause Walters hug the bottom in heavy current or just above it so your bait is there constantly !!!! Ahhhh never mind the above technique it doesn't work ..... Lol

Depending on how fast and how long the run is, I would use a drop shot or 3-way rig with a live minnow and drift with the current. Fish it just off bottom. Boat control is key and the toughest part of this equation, you will need to keep your line as vertical as possible.(and you don't want to be doing 360's) I've used this technique on the French in the past and it served me well.

It is all bull spit!

Every situation is different and even the time of day or bright or clouded can make a huge difference. How fast, how dirty is the water, how deep. There is no answer that works, you have to adjust your presentation for the conditions when and where you are fishing!

There have been some good ideas presented here by different people, all are good and all will work under the right conditions but each and every one of them have something in common. None of them work all the time! It's called fishing, not catching for a reason.