Stolen Boat

jrdigs

Earlier today a friend of mines boat was stolen from his farm building out in binbrook,,the boat is a POLAR CRAFT 150T with a evinrude 40 E-TEC all black boat motor and trailer with cover,,if anyone hears or sees please contact me,,POLICE HAVE BEEN CONTACTED ,will post pic when i receive it,thanks

Edited by jrdigs

Musky or Specks,

Come on, now we have to know!!!!! And you are right, that boat has been parted out. The Aluminum will be cut up and because thieves are stupid and greedy in most cases as are some scrap dealers They will scrap the Aluminum too. If the police really want to solve auto and marine thefts they should put the pressure on the buyer of obvious hot items. No market for getting rid of questionable items, no more getting rid of hot scrap. We were picking up a set of tires for buddy's Jeep a few years back and I eaves dropped the conversation between thief and scrap dealer. The thief has a truckload of a parted out Hummer, only the engine was missing , zero sign of an accident or fire. If a seller can't prove where he got it, no cash.

Edited by Old Ironmaker

They will just burn the boat probably been done already. The boat is to easy to identify. Motor on the otherhand will be a quick cash sale. You don't want to know how I know this but it involves two 20 ft Rangers with 225's.

We kept two brand new sponsored Rangers in our yard behind a locked fence and gate with an alarm.They were in and out with both boats in under five minutes. Was called by the police two days later as they found both boats and trailers burned to a crisp in an abandoned gravel pit. 6 months later police pull over suspicious pick up and trailer on the 400 north with a lot of rec equipment on it, Everything on it was stolen including both of the 225 mercs from the boats, Guy didn't get charged with anything other than possesion of stolen goods over 5k. Now it just so happens that he was wanted on a murder warrent so no one needs to worry for a bit as he's locked away for a while.

Not a bad ending to a bad story Musky+Specks

Irish, that would one dumb criminal to tow a boat down a heavily traveled highway in winter. There are many back roads from Binbrook. Talk about stopping a "suspicious vehicle". That would be more suspicious than a truck driving down a road and deemed to be "suspicious". What is and is not suspicious will be something we may be talking about soon considering Harpers new legislation giving authorities a broader range and a more liberal definition to stop anyone anytime because they look "suspicious."

As I said earlier criminals can be dumb and stupid. Like a successful drug dealer driving around in a inconspicuous Red Ferrari or Lambo rather than a 7 year old Volvo.

For years many stolen boats have headed for Quebec.. it's a known fact, that or the reserve. Lets not fool ourselves.. who would scrap an 800 lb max boat for the aluminum content. Would take longer with an air chisel than the worth of the scrap. The trailer and a new ownership though... that's another story.

I said thieves are not only dumb but stupid too. There is a local sheeny man (not a thief) that drives many K's to root through recycle boxes for empty booze bottles and any length of wire. He will strip wire and when he has enough for hours to get 5 bucks of copper. I tried to explain to him that he spends more on fuel than the meager money he comes out of The Beer Store or scrap yard with. He says he would be staring at 4 walls otherwise, he is 100% right.

Garret said " Binbrook, six nations" Yes most likely unfortunately. A friend that lives in Caledonia has seen his premiums rise dramatically since the fiasco there started.

Edited by Old Ironmaker

Sorry to hear of your loss. Binbrook Six Nations eh? Could have been a Hungarian dude with a penchant for black boats? If I was quite sure it was a certain individual or group of individuals, I would contact the authorities immediately. Why don't you? I really don't like the profiling but hey, that's just my opinion.

I know what you mean about profiling Roy, but sometimes, stats are just too overwhelming in % of truth. If each thief had a finger cut off for each crime of theft, each thief would quit at 9, you need at least one finger to pick your own nose.

So a friend of mine has only one finger on his right hand. Before his accident, he put in most of the rough work in my new home. With his present day handicap I can't ask him to do any carpentry work for me but maybe he has a boat for sale? :)

The authorities response regarding Six Nations will be the same one I got when my truck was stolen. "Just wait for it to turn up on the reserve" that phone conversation opened my eyes. Especially when they said even if they saw the theft in progress officers would not pursue the thieves. They're worried about armed suspects and high speed chases... quite the reputation. Truck was never found.

I lived in Caledonia... Not far from the unrest, I was literally down the street...i was there when roads were blocked, tires were burned in the streets and local elementary schools were on lockdown due to gun fire.

Contractors having their heads bashed in, for working... And an entire community afraid and under siege...

It is well known where items that are stolen usually wind up in that area... And as a previous member noted... Usually found burned out after being stripped.

I Have spent most of my life in this area... Growing up on hwy6 in mount hope...

Unfortunately I know all to well where things "disappear" too.

G

Or it could be on its way to Quebec...

Edited by Gerritt

Garret, we live in Haldimand too. My wife works near The Douglas Creek Estates on Argyle, actually too close. No one knows what really was happening here or can understand what it felt like unless they lived in Haldimand, even more so if they lived south of the river or close by the DCE. I gave my Mom the book Christine Blanchford wrote about DCE to read, she simply refused to believe a word of it. She said that could never happen in Canada.

The co worker of my wife had he almost new truck stolen from the parking lot of the Shoppers in Caledonia in broad daylight. The OPP looked at the very good security video. They told her point blank they are fairly sure they know exactly where the truck is and no local judge will ever give them a court order to search the property. Even if they turned over the case to the Six Nations police. They basically told her not to dwell on it, she will never see her truck again.

I was on river Rd... And the kids went to notre dame.... When DCE first happened I was trying to get home and couldn't.... In the months that passed it got worse and worse....

It really is an area of lawlessness... As even law enforcement is afraid due to the political fallout...

A sad state of affairs in this area... Government has failed everyone involved.... On both sides.

Don't see it getting any better anytime soon either.

G

Edited by Gerritt

And you know this because.....??

I have lived in the area for years.. Almost 20 of them...just down the highway, and almost right on top of DCE.. It is well known in the area that most of these thefts are found on this reserve, including many from hamilton.

It is what it is, nothing I can do about it. Nor is this about race it is about a geographic area.

Hope this answers your question.

G

Sorry to hear of your loss. Binbrook Six Nations eh? Could have been a Hungarian dude with a penchant for black boats? If I was quite sure it was a certain individual or group of individuals, I would contact the authorities immediately. Why don't you? I really don't like the profiling but hey, that's just my opinion.

We live in a land of rainbows and unicorns up here in Canada. That boat could have been taken by anyone but lets not kid ourselves here. From smokes to assault rifles the Res carries all and there isn't a set of hard assed nuts in all levels of law enforcement and/or govt that would dare to do anything about it. Ask the Israelis how much worse things would be there if they didn't learn habits and tendencies of those who would want to exterminate them from existence. Just my opinion.