Mr Humpback

luclarochelle

Hey guys,

So I got out onto lady Simcoe over my reading week, I took a break from the books and had some fun on the ice!!

I have been doing real good on splake fishing at school but it felt nice to have something on the line that put up a fight :whistling:

Anyhow, we got 10 fish in total and lost numerous amount of fish mid fight :wallbash: damn humpacks!!!!

The key to this trip... the tactics that I would use for perch fishing...

Shallow water was key for these buggers!!

well heres a look at the fish :thumbsup_anim:

20150217_111943_zps8hdkset2.jpg

IMG_20150217_164833_zpsczkfyit5.jpg

IMG_20150217_155140_zpsksw23b2p.jpg

IMG_20150217_113424_zpshjd74ren.jpg

IMG_20150217_113407_zpszjtecu3n.jpg

20150217_112107_zpszqypggb4.jpg

20150217_112048_zpssh66ajdc.jpg

Now its back up to school for some splake and smelt fishing...

Tight lines,

Luc

They are all over the place!! I just tried something new and got success! Ive never had much luck in deep water myself but have marked a ton of whities out in the 90 fow range. It comes down to a preference thing for sure :)

Those shallow water fish are on the feed while those deep water fish are mostly not.

NICE CATCH AND GREAT REPORT ! ! !

the best lure i use is a badboy tipped with a small black and silver tube,but i try lots...lakers i killed this year....i got a 20ish the other day in 25fow......they are moving in shallow following the baitfish.......got it on a chub sucker on a flag...yes they work!lol

the best lure i use is a badboy tipped with a small black and silver tube,but i try lots...lakers i killed this year....i got a 20ish the other day in 25fow......they are moving in shallow following the baitfish.......got it on a chub sucker on a flag...yes they work!lol

Ive never had any success with the flags... that woulda been fun!!!

I fish bad boys too, never seem to get anything on em. Lots of fish coming in to look at them though, just no takers