cooking thread...

IN the main kitchen -

a small fryer stuffed with diced onions, mushrooms, garlic and spices all mixed together with olive oil..

RIMG0680_zps1foq9unj.jpg

rubbed with paprika, garlic and onion power, salt and pepper and skewered, wings tied up with butchers string to keep them moist

RIMG0683_zpsvfjkmtgz.jpg

drippings will be used to make gravy

MEANWHILE, back on the side kitchen, the smoker is hitting prime temp

RIMG0686_zpsjkgewfnj.jpg

to welcome some salmon that has been marinaded for 4.5 days in Ketsup Manis (a sweet soy sauce), Maple syrup, kosher salt and water

RIMG0684_zpszsdwqsxp.jpg

about 75 minutes later, henrietta is ready for the plate

RIMG0689_zpsj02rziub.jpg

RIMG0690_zpstt9rv4zg.jpg

served with pan fried, 1/4'd potatoes that are boiled for 10 minutes first and tossed with salt in the paper towel to remove excess oil - this one tip makes awesome fried potatoes btw- and fresh asparagus

while cleaning, time for the Jack Daniels Barrel chips to add their soft smokey sweet flavour to sammy's savoury tastes

RIMG0687_zpsn4inpt12.jpg

and about 2 hours later

even though I was still full from the main course, I just had to try some

RIMG0691_zpsenul9fqy.jpg

oh, yeah.....

Edited by spincast

Rick, that might be the first lake O fish I might enjoy.

That looks awesome bud.

The hen not so bad as well.

Were having stir fry. I think thats what the mrs,s calls it.LOL J/K. She makes it well. If Im eating, it,s all good.

Brian Its the only way to serve those big fish. If I cant get them to swim away, soak 'em and smoke 'em. :) For some reason, it doesn't last long around here. I'll be sharing some of this batch with the folks at work tomorrow as they have been asking for a taste. Be a bit of a drive for ya, but your welcome to stop by for a wee nibble

IN the main kitchen -

I won't re-post all the pictures Rick but you're killing me and I just pulled four large over night brined chicken breasts out of the smoker.

I'm suddenly feeling small time.... ;)

Here they are when I was loading them in a little earlier.

h2HyIoE.jpg

I won't re-post all the pictures Rick but you're killing me and I just pulled four large over night brined chicken breasts out of the smoker.

I'm suddenly feeling small time.... ;)

Here they are when I was loading them in a little earlier.

h2HyIoE.jpg

Thanks for the kind words, and right back at ya - I got a list of recipes to try from this thread a mile long, several from yourself.

What's scary is that the grandkids (with my son's help) got me another new cookbook. This one features a lot of them southern recipes that should put fire in your belly.

There's some 200 more for me to preview and test.

Bought some pork kabobs on sale from the store the other day were amazing went back the next day but the kid behind the counter wasn't sure what the marinate was. There was a hint of Rosemary

Want to do some boneless pork chops on bbq tonite but would like to marinate them first

With all the expertise on this thread anyone have a simple not spicy marinate

Thx

John

Bought some pork kabobs on sale from the store the other day were amazing went back the next day but the kid behind the counter wasn't sure what the marinate was. There was a hint of Rosemary

Want to do some boneless pork chops on bbq tonite but would like to marinate them first

Thx

John

One cup ketchup, one cup vinegar, one cup brown sugar.

Mix, marinate, thank me later?

HA HA thanks Rick I new I could count on you,,,,and I will thank you in advance :worthy::worthy:

Its more of a sauce but works wicked on pork. Cook it low, say like 350 for about 15 or 20 mins, then broil for 2-4 mins. Tent after cooking to keep it moist. Nothing worse then overcooked pork(well I guess undercooked pork lol)

You can add cola or whiskey too, but its not necessary. Season however you see fit. For pork steaks i prefer just cracked black pepper

Sourdough bread, butterd on both sides. Into a heated skillet. 2 pieces of jalepeno harvarti cheese in between and some pastrami.

2 sunny side up eggs served on top.

Best grilled cheese sandwhich ive had in awhile lol

Edited by manitoubass2

Thx

John

Apple juice, tsp worcestershire sauce, tbsp soy sauce, tbsp lemon juice, salt and pepper, 2 diced cloves garlic.

Apple juice, tsp worcestershire sauce, tbsp soy sauce, tbsp lemon juice, salt and pepper, 2 diced cloves garlic.

Thx bigugli

Thank for the recipe for the marinate we will try it this way tonight, it has all the ingredients my wife enjoys :clapping: , happy wife happy life