cooking thread...

And ill say 8lbs even

Remember Rick, if you go over you can't win. Hehehe

Yea the ground is the main factor. Depends how thick the layer was. A 14" circumference works out to a 4 1/2" diameter by 12" long so I tried to picture that in front of me. My first calculation was actually 6.6 but after serious reconsiderations I decided to go over the half pound mark. It was a tough decision. Lol

Cheers

Brian just got my vote for meal of the year. Congratulation's my man. 1 thing, roast those peppers until 100% carded. Hold on Bubba Boy, who am I to critic? Way to go Brian, 140 some odd pages here and you just blew me away. We are not worthy, I am not worthy.

I bow to your prowess.

Remember Rick, if you go over you can't win. Hehehe

Yea the ground is the main factor. Depends how thick the layer was. A 14" circumference works out to a 4 1/2" diameter by 12" long so I tried to picture that in front of me. My first calculation was actually 6.6 but after serious reconsiderations I decided to go over the half pound mark. It was a tough decision. Lol

Cheers

Welcome to the price is bacon!

Ill bid 1lb bob lol

With a double dose of bacon in this log, I rethought the beef part of this .

Fried up a pound of bacon last night to be part of the stuffing. Heck it,s only bacon right.

Today getting back from fishing I got to work.

Ground turkey/chicken mix. Added pepper, green onion and lots of newfie savory.

008_zpstsnqkoyf.jpg

Grilled some red peppers to add as well.

006_zpssucr3npr.jpg

Chilled to stop the cooking process

007_zpsn01pj4ds.jpg

Now to get busy and get it all together

Stuffing. Bacon, peppers and cheese.

009_zpscds4ykep.jpg

010_zpsefbtjcux.jpg

011_zpsebwqqet9.jpg

Begin the roll ,and it all fit nice.

012_zpsaxyo4kol.jpg

Now for the wrap. Maple bacon. Calculate the wieght? LOL

015_zpsgjvpdtzh.jpg

016_zpsiiwm5jlh.jpg

On the grill at 275 indirect for 3.5 hours.

I knew it was ready,,,

The cheese was the tell it was done

005_zpsa1pwtdaf.jpg

And it was

006_zpskmxooiyx.jpg

Enjoy as we did,,,,,,,,,,,,

007_zpsotu1vvq5.jpg

:good: :good: :good: :good: :good: :good: :good: :good: :good: :good: Damn that looks good , Freeze a slab of that next time and ship it up here it will taste awesome no matter how long it takes lol, enough salt in there to preserve it for a while

did u find it more most than the beef

WOW... and I'm just waiting for the door bell to ring. "Here your pizza"! :whistling:

Pizza, thats thursdays here. LOL Weekends are for treats.

That looks awesome!! Amazing!

Thanks dude

That looks damn fine Brian. Plus it's easily modified. Onion, garlic, hot peppers and marinara come to mind at first thought. If I recall you did once post the bacon wrap procedure right?

Here's my guess on weight. Looks like 3 1/2 to 4 pound of ground. Probably at least 1 1/2 pounds of bacon wrap. That's nice bacon btw.The cheese is likely the heaviest part of the filling. hmmm... So I'm gonna say 6lb 9oz before cooking. :) Do I win a prize if I'm closest? ;)

Btw how did you find it compared to using beef? Also, have you ever tried it in the oven? That would fit great on a broiler pan.

Tks for sharing. Cheers

I have no idea on the wieght. Really dont care was just asking.LOL

I like the turkey/chicken ground much more then the beef. It was very moist with the peppers adding the juice while cooking.

Brian just got my vote for meal of the year. Congratulation's my man. 1 thing, roast those peppers until 100% carded. Hold on Bubba Boy, who am I to critic? Way to go Brian, 140 some odd pages here and you just blew me away. We are not worthy, I am not worthy.

I bow to your prowess.

Thanks Johnny. I always like to try differnt mixes. As for the peppers, Yes, more char the better.

Brain just broke the internet!

Yes Brain did.LOL

Decided to just have a plain ole sirloin steak,baked tater and ceaser salad tonight, to thank the man above for getting me to 52 yoa today. My gawd, did I say 52,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, :Gonefishing:

Oh was it ever! Can't wait to get some more....I need my own boat!

Thanks for the recipe. I see it included a whole whack of stuff I just do NOT eat, like avocado and cabbage, yeeeeeshhhh!!!!

Vegetables are what FOOD eats. :canadian:

But tonight it will be fresh caught crappies! First feed this year and I am surely looking forward to it! They will not go into tortillas, in fact it might just be pan-fried crappies and a fresh salad to keep my wife happy.

Doug

Thanks for the recipe. I see it included a whole whack of stuff I just do NOT eat, like avocado and cabbage, yeeeeeshhhh!!!!

Vegetables are what FOOD eats. :canadian:

But tonight it will be fresh caught crappies! First feed this year and I am surely looking forward to it! They will not go into tortillas, in fact it might just be pan-fried crappies and a fresh salad to keep my wife happy.

Doug

Sometimes Doug, simple is best.

I would how ever, try the taco with a splash of hot sauce for a kick it up a notch thing. Not to much to eliminate the fish taste though. We catch fish to taste the fish. Im not a fan of the avacado. For some reason,it burns my lips. Wierd.

Sometimes Doug, simple is best.

I would how ever, try the taco with a splash of hot sauce for a kick it up a notch thing. Not to much to eliminate the fish taste though. We catch fish to taste the fish. Im not a fan of the avacado. For some reason,it burns my lips. Wierd.

http://www.beyondallergy.com/food-allergies/avocados-reactions.php

Cheers