cooking thread...

I assume you have good exhaust fans at home!!! :lol:

2 1/2 cups dry Navy Beans (soaked over night)

1/2 lb diced bacon

2 sliced onions

3/4 cup molasses

1 cup brown sugar

1/2 cup Bigugli's "Plain Nasty" Salsa (thanks Bruce)

1/4 bottle of beer

1/4 cup ketchup

1/4 cup Worcestershire

1 tablespoon white wine vinegar

1 bay leaf

1 tablespoon Keens dry mustard powder

1/2 teaspoon of salt and fresh cracked black pepper

When we were kids the CBC advertised Velveeta cheese. They would show all these cream based recipes one could make using Velveeta. We didn't eat "white mans food". That's probably not PC. My bro's and I would yeeew, yuuuck, uggghhh, all through the commercial and Mom banned us from watching it. My very first invite to kids Birthday party and hot dogs and chips were served, I let out a sigh of relief. That was until Mrs. Earle slathered butter on them, I passed. Eventually I became a young man and started dating Canadian girls. I made every excuse under the Sun not to stay for dinner. Finally my girlfriend said her Mom was being offended, so I broke. Roast Beef and a creamy something casserole. I was going to fake a heart attack but I knew they wouldn't go for it because 17 year olds don't have heart attacks and I hate roast beast. I though I was going to pass out from my heart beating at 150 beats per minute and that would have been fine because of all things roast beef!!!!. I took a bite of roast, what's that strange taste and texture. It is soft, warm, tender and that strange taste isn't the 20 cloves of garlic and pound of Oregano my mother cooked it in. Mom would make a roast, take it out of the oven, slice it and stick it under the broiler for 20 minutes, on each side and add some garlic, I swear. So this is what it's supposed to taste like. This I like, no this I love. So now I'm interested in the casserole even though I have been warned for 17 years this day would come and I would have to taste it.

I love casseroles. Yours looks great. It took me until I was 30 to accept the fact a can of soup could be used for anything more than soup. Campbell's Golden Mushroom is my favorite for Pork Chops. I still refuse to make gravy from a can, anyone that uses gravy out of a can is on the side of the terrorists.

Edited by Old Ironmaker

Yesterdays dinner was a l lovely Vegetable Venison/Goose sausage soup.
Taters, cabbage, carrot, turnip, onion, mushrooms, red and green pepper, stewed tomatoes, celery and about 3/4's of a cup of my leftover homemade beans to be served with fresh Calabrese bread. I'm betting tonight's dinner will be the same. ;)

12688045_1564214243839304_60374270479407

When we were kids the CBC advertised Velveeta cheese. They would show all these cream based recipes one could make using Velveeta. We didn't eat "white mans food". That's probably not PC. My bro's and I would yeeew, yuuuck, uggghhh, all through the commercial and Mom banned us from watching it. My very first invite to kids Birthday party and hot dogs and chips were served, I let out a sigh of relief. That was until Mrs. Earle slathered butter on them, I passed. Eventually I became a young man and started dating Canadian girls. I made every excuse under the Sun not to stay for dinner. Finally my girlfriend said her Mom was being offended, so I broke. Roast Beef and a creamy something casserole. I was going to fake a heart attack but I knew they wouldn't go for it because 17 year olds don't have heart attacks and I hate roast beast. I though I was going to pass out from my heart beating at 150 beats per minute and that would have been fine because of all things roast beef!!!!. I took a bite of roast, what's that strange taste and texture. It is soft, warm, tender and that strange taste isn't the 20 cloves of garlic and pound of Oregano my mother cooked it in. Mom would make a roast, take it out of the oven, slice it and stick it under the broiler for 20 minutes, on each side and add some garlic, I swear. So this is what it's supposed to taste like. This I like, no this I love. So now I'm interested in the casserole even though I have been warned for 17 years this day would come and I would have to taste it.

I love casseroles. Yours looks great. It took me until I was 30 to accept the fact a can of soup could be used for anything more than soup. Campbell's Golden Mushroom is my favorite for Pork Chops. I still refuse to make gravy from a can, anyone that uses gravy out of a can is on the side of the terrorists.

Holy crap your hilarious???

my grandpa, on my dads side, took me every weekend as a lad.

He could not cook, at all. Every morning we had this huge(to me) breakfast.

First, a grapefruit. Sqeeze out and drink the juice afterwards.

Then two pieces of toast.

Then two eggs fried in lard

The two thick slices of spam or klick, he preferred klick.

Then one huge glass of while milk

Hahahaha

My fishing skills let me down this morning, sooooooooooo

Nothing like a cheesy tuna cassarole to warm up the furnace after a cold windy day.

Noodles

cream of mushroom soup

tuna

fried mushrooms

peas

and lots of chesse

attachicon.giftuna 001.JPG

Simple and easy.

I'd eat that, sounds whole heartedly yummy.

Taters, cabbage, carrot, turnip, onion, mushrooms, red and green pepper, stewed tomatoes, celery and about 3/4's of a cup of my leftover homemade beans to be served with fresh Calabrese bread. I'm betting tonight's dinner will be the same. ;)

This is your dr, yep your knocked up!

Looks great spiel!!!

Spiel, just made some beef stew this morning ....... TRADE YA :tease:

My fishing skills let me down this morning, sooooooooooo

Nothing like a cheesy tuna cassarole to warm up the furnace after a cold windy day.

Noodles

cream of mushroom soup

tuna

fried mushrooms

peas

and lots of chesse

attachicon.giftuna 001.JPG

Simple and easy.

like the cook on city slickers said, this aint no city food but its dark hot and theres plenty of it, couldnt resist Brian

where the heck is the bacon??????everything goes good with bacon even tuna, fatty bacon healthy omegas