cooking thread...

PS) Speaking of FISH and FISHING, tonight's supper will be pan-fried bluegill fillets, Basmati rice and as-yet-to-be-determined-veggie-that-will-make-the-meal-complete-for-wifie

As we all know, the best vegetable is MEAT. Or, stated differently, vegetables are what food eats.

Maybe I will send her to forage in the garden for a tomato or something...........

SAY!!! Soya sauce is made from soybeans, and they are a vegetable, I shall serve soya sauce with the rice. The yin and the yan are just about perfect I reckon.

Doug

Well Mike I am officially old and I am not dead yet. Only the good die young............

Doug

Reminiscent of my grandad on my moms side. He lived to be 92 and ate whatever he wanted and smoked his entire life.

When I asked once what his doctor thought about his eating habits he said "Don't know, my doctor is dead!!!"

:)

Edited by Mike Borger

Doug, I thought about a fish dinner tonight. I havent fished in over 30 days now, so store bought would of been my choice.

I went with a Stewed tomatoe/cheese/mushroom maccoroni dish instead.

Comfort food I like to call it.

001.JPG

005.JPG

Just letting it cool down to chow down.

Thanks for the laugh Mike

back to Mike Borger, all I smoke is fish, and venison/moose/goose prepared sausages like pepperoni or summer sausage. :canadian:

Oh yes, and moose/deer/goose jerky too.

And maybe some other stuff that I am not remembering right now...........

And I DO inhale, but it goes down my throat not my lungs!

I will be ecstatic if I get to be as old as your grand-dad, and still hale and hearty!

Doug

Edited by akaShag

Thx Brian, we did put the little guys on a bun next day, and thx Rick for taking time to post, gotta figure out how to post pics, photo bucket is winning 5 to 0 lol

John, just left click in the img box and it will say copied. Then right click in your post and paste. No need for the image code. Make sure it's the whole pic and not a thumbnail.

Capture_zpsbdlsaia5.png

Cheers

Brian I am in need of comfort food , looks pretty knarly, I think Moosebunk taught me that word in one of his epic fishing journeys :worthy:

LOL

I call it stoked . LOL Or is that stacked.

Maters,noodles,cheese. More maters,cheese and shrooms and noodles. Repeat 4 times.

Comfort ya.

I need a rib fix this weekend. Just havent found any worthy.

I got a break today.

Went out this morning scouting for this up coming fall hunt for deer. Bow.

Came home and could smell someth,n cook,n.

A nice home made ground beef stew.

003.JPG

Although there was some taters in it already, I like me some rice too. A little drizzle of hot sauce on the side. UM UM .

004.JPG

Boy I do like eating and my new smoker has been a blessing thus far.

I'm also hugely inspired by all of what I see here. Bacon wrapped something is definitely in my near future.

But for now a quick summer dinner.

Pork rib chops marinated for 30 hours in pineapple juice.
Brought to room temp, then topped with some hot pepper rings to offset the pineapple sweetness. Then off into the smoker at 275* for 30 minutes with a tray of maple wood chips. Served with a side of macaroni salad (broccoli, tomatoes, carrots, celery, green pepper) tossed in olive oil and apple cider vinegar and some fresh garden tomatoes slices with fresh cracked black pepper and fresh ground sea salt.

I do spoil myself. ;)

Yes I had a beer with it..... :D

4fSe9Ij.jpg

LItzWeu.jpg

SpWQ3MJ.jpg

QUESTION OF THE DAY !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Can u still buy Swiss Chalet Marinating sauce in pouches like gravy packs AND

Can u still buy Bicks red hamburger relish in the glass jars, they are becoming extinct up here, used to make home made burgers with the relish

Spiel you have done it again, that even got my wifes attention, looks like a meal fit for a king, Just bought a true north smoker and with a fellow members kindness and sincerity he help me out with a cold smoke apparatus, thanks to Big Cliff, I just added a thermometer to the lid today, be curious if it gets hot enough to try those chops that your inhaling LOL