We need doors installed ASAP! (NF)

kenzy31

Hello friends :) We are in need of someone around the Barrie area to help us out. We need all the proper measurements taken so we can choose a front door and a rear sliding door. The 3 guys who have come to do quotes either try and sell us something triple the price range I give them, or can't do it until February! Rain and snow leaks in the front door and the rear slider has a tendency to come off the track lol.

I can get a deal on front doors through my dad but need proper measurements to give him. Our budget for both doors all said and done is $2000. Am I way off with this amount?? Any advice and direction is welcome, either in this thread or by PM. Thanks OFC!

Cheers,

Jesse :)

Edited by kenzy31

Is the rear slider not adjustable? Usually a simple screw adjusts the wheels to lift them up/down a bit, keeping them more in contact with top channel and bottom rail. Unless your front door frame and door are completely rotten a 40.00 weatherstripping kit should fix that issue. PM if you'd like to talk a bit more.

Michael

Both doors are circa 1987 and the house was a rental until I bought it in 2007. They just need to go! lol I have a credit card given to us as a gift to cover all labour and materials... Just need an honest, reliable contractor that can help is out :)

A PM is on the way cheaptackle,

Cheers!

The best price and quality doors and sliders are Dans Doors in Kitchener, hands down. I was in the sunroom business and I couldn't touch there prices. I bought my custom 7' 8 door for $700.00 all others came in at over 1000. This is quality stuff, I can't get my guys up there for 2 doors, sorry, they don't work for free, I would.

DO NOT BUY FROM HOME DEPOT OR LOWES. I never use caps to make a point I can't make it any stonger without writing a book. We were HD Installation Service Providers for a time and refused to use their products and gave up the contract because of their quality or lack of, brand name or not. I told the Canadian President to pound salt before I would install that stuff and put my name on the warranty. One reason Mike Holmes no longer is with them, ever wonder why, it was big money for \Mike.

If it's a door with sidelights look to spend a bit more, otherwise $2000 should almost be enough. I'm not sure you need the triple pane some try to sell you but if either door is in the sun you might consider at least having argon gas. It should also include capping... I can't say it enough... Learn home renovation!! I do almost everything myself and I save thousands... and if I don't have the tools I go buy them and still come out ahead...