boat running on the pad

hirk

Looks like an Allison XB2003 and they are rated for a 2.5l so that would make sense. Since I have been looking into this boat for the last few weeks can you tell us how you like it? I have a cottage on the st. Lawrence (lake St. Francis) and want a boat that can handle rough water yet still give a good ride. I have read they have quite a smooth ride and am just wondering what your thoughts are. That is a pretty sick video for sure!

Adam

Its an xb2003 with a 150 xr6 and mariner supermag cowling, they dont blow over Albert and this one isnt fast enough to worry about that. Lape0019 the xb03 is very smooth in waves up to 3' trough to top, beyond that you have to really slow down and drive it but still very smooth, 2' t to t you can run 80+ easy. Now if your in lake ontario type spanned out rollers and breaking waves you have to take it easy and drive them or you may spear them coming down the backs of the rollers. I run the kawarthas and quinte and this boat handles anything they can throw at it so I wouldnt worry too much about that.Best things about it? Handles like its on rails,once you learn to drive one of these you would be hooked, drives like nothing else. Wind protection is unbelievable, I have ran over 90mph with a ball cap on (in my old one not this one), tons of storage ,the build quality is stupid good and you can load it up with 4-5 people. I can take the family out for a day on the water then fish a tourny the next day, very versatile.It move a little side side when someone walks across the boat while fishing but not excessively. All depends what you like, 1st one I bought was without even seeing one in person or being in one, turned out to be a perfect fit for me and myself I will always run one of these. There are only a few around so do your research and make your decision then head south if its what you want.

Edited by hirk

Thanks for the info. The wife liked the ranger Reatta because the whole family could fit in it but I want a bass boat first and family boat second. The xb2003 looks like the best of both worlds.

When I do buy another boat, I will be coming out of a Bass Tracker 190tx so the side to side movement isn't anything I haven't seem before.

The speeds you are getting are pretty crazy. I don't think I will ever need a boat that fast but at least I will have the option to do so should I ever want to. And let's be honest, if I can, I probably will.

As you don't see a lot of the boats I like up here (Legend Bass, Allison and Bullet), I will be going south to pick my next boat up. I have a few more years to go before that happens but it never hurts to do some early research.

Thanks again for the info.

Adam

Hirk I wanted to start experimenting with props this summer but never had the chance. I run a 487vs with a Mariner 200EFI. No jackplate and a Trophy 23P 4 blade. I like the bite that the 4 blade gives me on Lake Erie but I know there's probably a better choice. Any suggestions on a prop choice? I've read about guys running 6" jackplates on that hull but there is already a 15" setback. What you you think?

Thanks for the info. The wife liked the ranger Reatta because the whole family could fit in it but I want a bass boat first and family boat second. The xb2003 looks like the best of both worlds.

When I do buy another boat, I will be coming out of a Bass Tracker 190tx so the side to side movement isn't anything I haven't seem before.

The speeds you are getting are pretty crazy. I don't think I will ever need a boat that fast but at least I will have the option to do so should I ever want to. And let's be honest, if I can, I probably will.

As you don't see a lot of the boats I like up here (Legend Bass, Allison and Bullet), I will be going south to pick my next boat up. I have a few more years to go before that happens but it never hurts to do some early research.

Thanks again for the info.

Adam

Adam, I can't see myself without my Ranger but I've been looking south of the border for a second boat as a fixer upper. I'd love to find a decent Allison, Gambler or Bullet I could work on. There's seems to be lots of them but it's tricky finding one that needs work but hasn't been murdered.

Hirk I wanted to start experimenting with props this summer but never had the chance. I run a 487vs with a Mariner 200EFI. No jackplate and a Trophy 23P 4 blade. I like the bite that the 4 blade gives me on Lake Erie but I know there's probably a better choice. Any suggestions on a prop choice? I've read about guys running 6" jackplates on that hull but there is already a 15" setback. What you you think?

See what the guys say on the ranger forum on bbc, mark croxtons razor 3 in a 24 might be a good one ( better than a tempest), I had that razor on gambler and was a great prop. No idea on the jack plate.

See what the guys say on the ranger forum on bbc, mark croxtons razor 3 in a 24 might be a good one ( better than a tempest), I had that razor on gambler and was a great prop. No idea on the jack plate.

Hey thanks. This spring I'll be doing some upgrades and I'll look at Marks props.

Hey thanks. This spring I'll be doing some upgrades and I'll look at Marks props.

BBC has a few if each boat you are looking at listed right now. I don't know if there are any fixer uppers though but it is worth a check. I know there is a 96 XB2003 for a good price that I wouldn't mind getting my hands on.

I just made a recommendation to someone else here to check out Mark's props because he gets rave reviews on BBC. The guy seems to be a genius when it comes to prop work. If you search his name over there, you will find well over 100 posts regarding his great work and skill.

Good luck!