Looking for last good walleye feed from Pigeon

captpierre

Heading up to the cottage on north Pigeon.

Would like to find some eyes.

Anybody have tips for this time of year?

Depth, speed to troll, weededges, lures?

Caught a couple in Sept trolling perch Walleye Divers/Taildancers in 15-20 ft near weededges.

Usually strike out late Oct.

Noticed there are no panfish at the dock lately. Bait has gone deep or to midlake humps, I'm guessing

Thanks, Peter

Your best bet is 1/4 to 3/ 8 oz.yellow/chartreuse jigs with silver/blk sassy shad or twister tail body. Need to tip with half worm or minnow.

Stinger hook is essential to get the nibblers.

Set yourself up to cross that 45-60 ft. area and drift across. Often caught fish as drifted into 30 ft. rocky bits.

Mostly at this time of year they were at deepest part of lake. Fish would shut down as night approached.

The days of gusty southwest wind seemed best.

Always make sure to contact bottom and adjust line accordingly. Reel in or let out.

You will get your slot size limit no doubt this way. Even a shot at a 8- 10 lb. rare monster

Days of East wind sucked, however.

This method worked for me there for 3 decades. You know the area east of Hurricane Pt. eh?

Good luck.

Edited by ehg

Just thought i would add photo to show set up i suggested.

In photo i actually used 1/2 oz. jig but still have stinger hook and blk/silver sassy shad body.

Used half a dew worm hooked head to main jig hook and tail to stinger hook.

Probably over 50 ft.of water at location north end of Pigeon.

Again, try this method.outlined in post above.....good luck

need to click on this link for photo.....

http://smg.photobucket.com/user/shiffy/media/IMG_0005-21.jpg.html?sort=3&o=45

Edited by ehg

Fish from shore at night with a slip float and a minnow. Hang out on the dock with a few cold ones, have a fire, and watch the lines. We get em real good this time of year. Water was 44F on wed, so they cruise the shallows at night. GL

S.

That's quite the monster you've got there :)

HaHa, ya Bill it's Pigeon Lake that's mostly what you get. lol

Just wanted to show suggested lure setup for north Pigeon Lake depths during daytime.

Edited by ehg

HaHa, ya Bill it's Pigeon Lake that's mostly what you get. lol

Just wanted to show suggested lure setup for north Pigeon Lake depths during daytime.

I couldn't even buy a walleye the other day, so you're doing better then I am! :) Still waiting for those high 40 degree water temps..

Vertical jigging with ice fishing Rapala tipped with a minnow on the treble hook (best to replace that hook with a slightly larger one). Use your electric motor to work the drop offs in the deepest water you can find. The walleyes should be school up tight in the deep water and you might even snag a fish or two. Remember to release all snagged fish :rolleyes: