tb4me

Read this on the Leafs website..Its a comment from a long time leaf fan..He nails it so good I just had to share..Its not an attack at anyone on here just posting it to put things into perspective.. Go Leafs Go!

The Leafs had the best record this year going into the holiday break since the 03-04 season... Sure consistency has been an issue all year, but crying like a bunch of ingrates and crapping all over the team at every loss is shameful and the worst kind of 'fan support'. No one is forcing any of you to be a Leafs fan, there are 29 other teams in the league. Choose one.
GO LEAFS GO!

Well said IMO

I quit being a leafs fan the day the captain started wearing a RED BULL cap in post game & media interviews.

In my mind, that showed total disdain towards the organization, his teammates and ultimately me as a fan (ex) of the Toronto Maple Leafs. A clear show of disrespect that should have warranted a change in team leadership. When they take the C away and give it to a player who respects the title,

I will hopefully be a fan again.

It's no big secret that Phaneuf has no leadership values, no respect in the dressing room, and is given due disdain by his teammates accordingly.

I quit being a leafs fan the day the captain started wearing a RED BULL cap in post game & media interviews.

In my mind, that showed total disdain towards the organization, his teammates and ultimately me as a fan (ex) of the Toronto Maple Leafs. A clear show of disrespect that should have warranted a change in team leadership. When they take the C away and give it to a player who respects the title,

I will hopefully be a fan again.

It's no big secret that Phaneuf has no leadership values, no respect in the dressing room, and is given due disdain by his teammates accordingly.

ditto.....that was proven a couple of years ago when the camera caught Kessel telling the captain to _ _ _ _ _ _ _!!!!

The Leafs have the nerve to black out the game! Thank You.

Last nights game reminded me of the collapse against Boston last year in the playoffs. They still refuse to play Carlyle's system to defend leads and when Reimer is in the nets they don't have the goaltending to trade chances with a good offensive team. There's no doubt they are a better team and they are close to being a playoff team but they're something missing. Leadership would be a good start.

Cut Pahneuf back to 15 minutes. Play him on the powerplay. That's it! He's not a top 4 defensemen. He CAN"T F'n skate! He has no balance. Witness his prowess in a fight. He won't fight because he has no balance! He toe pics constantly at key times in the game.