Best option to launch on g-bay

mattp33

Want to fish g-bay on Tuesday but I have never been there. What is my best option for someplace to launch. I was thinking about midland, seems they have a free launch. Does anyone know if they have a dock there? Launching solo sucks.

I was also thinking about launching somewhere in waubaushene , looks like they have a marina there with a dock. I'm looking for bass so what ever is closer to bronze back country is fine my me.

I got an open seat in the boat too if anyone has time off on Tuesday morning :)

Just got back from Moon River. If you go through Moon River Marina off of Healey Lake Rd it's 16 bucks to launch and park. There is a public launch next door that is free but no parking so it's still gonna cost you 16 bucks to park. Just above is Griswalds marina and they have a launch but no idea how much they charge. We got some great 4 lb bass in that area and a few hammer handle pike with one at 8lbs and one a 6lbs. Very nice area up there. Most rocks where marked with jugs or on your navionics map.

youll be fine, the water level is friggin high as hell on GB right now. Our dock cribs are literally underwater. The water hasnt started going down for the fall quiet yet.

If the boat launch has been fixed since the early 90's when water levels were still high, you will be fine because the water is the highest its been in 10 years.

Edited by AKRISONER

I fish vic harbour to port severn almost every weekend, and have a friend on Sturgeon Bay there. He also has an 18' bass boat and a Ram 1500, and launches and loads there with no issues. If you're solo just use a long rope to your bow eye and wear shorts :) Your tires will be touching the water. I was there yesterday with my 7 year old daughter and our 14' tin tippy the water is down a little from 2 weeks ago at the launch. But there were plenty of boats over 16 feet who had already lunched when we got there at 7:45. Like others have said, watch the signs for parking. Unfortunately people without boat trailers seem to take up most of the trailer spots --- and they NEVER get ticketed for that! But you will if you disobey lol

happy fishing!! Looking forward to pics...We like pics!! :)

Had an awesome day with mikeh from the board. Vic harbour was awesome to launch despite some loading trouble (I think the trailer must have been on an angle :) ). Better get there early to park tho, not a lot of parking that I could see.

Didn't get huge numbers but got a few and missed a few. mikeh even pulled his spinner bait away from a large musky not even seeing it. You need some polarized prescription glasses my friend lol

Got some pics I will upload latter

Cheers