Two batteries for trolling motor

floater

I put two Group 27 Deep Cycle batteries in my tinny for the 48lb trolling motor. I wired the batteries positive to positive and neg to neg using 4awg wire. Now do I run the pos and neg wires for the trolling motor to one battery or use the pos and neg from both batteries? I will be removing the batteries for charging separately. THanks

Porkpie it was the Costco at Woodbine south of Hwy 7. Looked like their regular price. Couldn't believe how cheap they were. And they give you 10 bucks back if you bring them your old one!!! I went to the one at Warden and Ellesmere and they didn't have any deep cycle ones left. Outside the GTA you should be able to find them even easier. I checked the price of Honda sized batteries and they were 80 bucks!!! Waaaaay cheaper then Stealership of Canuck Tire.

$60???? Where???? Is this an end of season clear out? I have been thinking of adding a second battery to my boat for added run time. That deal is too hard to pass up. I'm already running Kirkland in my boat, and I've had nothing but good results!

I purchased a pair of Group 27 series Kirklands from Costco in Peterboro 2 months back for $90 each minus $10 each for my old ones and figured that was a decent price....maybe I was wrong LOL

Porkpie it was the Costco at Woodbine south of Hwy 7. Looked like their regular price. Couldn't believe how cheap they were. And they give you 10 bucks back if you bring them your old one!!! I went to the one at Warden and Ellesmere and they didn't have any deep cycle ones left. Outside the GTA you should be able to find them even easier. I checked the price of Honda sized batteries and they were 80 bucks!!! Waaaaay cheaper then Stealership of Canuck Tire.

Unfortunately the costco that is nearest to me doesn't have marine batteries that I've seen. It is a 1.5 hour drive to the nearest one that carries them. I may have to find some other reason to be that way, I guess I will visit my mother LOL. They will probably be cleared out quickly at that price, thanks for the info!

Edited by porkpie

Unfortunately the costco that is nearest to me doesn't have marine batteries that I've seen. It is a 1.5 hour drive to the nearest one that carries them. I may have to find some other reason to be that way, I guess I will visit my mother LOL. They will probably be cleared out quickly at that price, thanks for the info!

If you have a Wal-Mart nearby, get what used to be called Energizers now called EverStarts. They're the same battery and are tough to beat.

Hmmm....That is a good deal. I might have to make a trip to costco. My batteries seem to be dying on me pretty quick these days. Do you know how to tell if you have a bad battery?

Have them load tested at a battery shop, or CT etc.

S