Where will the next world record Muskie Hale from????

Regan Thompson

If and when the Muskie takes hold on Simcoe, I will put my money on that lake. Plenty of emerald shiners to get them started, then they can start to acquire a taste on the plentiful Perch. Once they get up to the 36" size, they will start to roam with the newly emerging Herring population. There are plenty of suckers and ling as well. Once you see them following the schools of whitefish, look out!

For now, I will just enjoy fishing and not worry about catching a new world record Muskie. For that matter, even if I did catch a "potential", there would only be 2 people who would know, my fishing buddy and myself.

There are a whole lot in Nipissing , I know of at least 5x 55+ and about 6 above 49 in the past few weeks ,even a rumored 59.5x28 about 2 weeks ago .

There once was a 61 1/2 hanging above the mantle at Chaudière ... Who knows , maybe the next one will be a Walleye fishin' fluke from the BOQ? Either way , these fish are far from the official WR.

Edited by Randy from Sturgeon

Hey all,

The head waters of Erie hold Musky, big Musky as does LSC at the other end and the Detroit river, in large numbers as well in LSC. Mike knows about the St. Clair where I bet he limits out on those monsters! With all the Musky baitfish like just about everything from Gobies to Walleye and just about everything in between I always wondered why we don't see Musky anywhere in that massive body of water between the east and west ends?

Regan you can give me all your stuff when we come up if everything goes as planned.

old ironmaker...your correct on erie.. and connecting waters. Detroit river also. I fish here seen some beautys,caught a few. most guys here,the old school wont tell or post catches. I have had the priveelege of seeing some pics. in respect I delete them. ..one thing gents ..big fish don't come easy.

Wabigoon and lean towards the Dinorwic end

Remember the mnr netting story?---I've seen some of these mastodons swimming around there with my own eyes

And I don't fish em---and these waters are mostly plied by walleye'rs

You're right. They're out there. Don't fish for them myself, but have seen many and caught a few while casting cranks for small mouth.

Thanks Outlaw, so they are here, maybe probably? The other secret is monster sized Sturgeon here. When I finally learn to post a pic and make a photo an electronic file I can show all a almost 8'er that washed found on shore floundering. It was held up by a backhoe bucket to take the photo that I took and accompanied an article for our local weekly. It's funny the kids all said there was a monster fish in the area they saw when swimming, they were right after all.

Hey all,

The head waters of Erie hold Musky, big Musky as does LSC at the other end and the Detroit river, in large numbers as well in LSC. Mike knows about the St. Clair where I bet he limits out on those monsters! With all the Musky baitfish like just about everything from Gobies to Walleye and just about everything in between I always wondered why we don't see Musky anywhere in that massive body of water between the east and west ends?

Regan you can give me all your stuff when we come up if everything goes as planned.

Done, but I must warn you... By that time this revolutionary and unorthodox new form of Muskie fishing will have taken hold and you will need to sell all your gear yourself.

Ok I know this so called summer has been cold but this is not the freezing days after December 15th not sure why we want to start winternet threads this time of year lets get out and post musky reports.

I have not fished many of these bodies of water that everyone talks of so I can not comment on them.

It would seem that the number of Muskie reports on Lake Erie in my general area is up. All seem to be smaller sized fish from what I could see, 12 pounds and under or so?

Outside of the Erie Island area and the sheltered bays it was pretty had to find any weed beds in the open waters of the lake, maybe that is changing?