fish report

chris.brock

pretty slow on here, I was away for a few days, I came back and the same stuff is still up, here's something, not very spectacular though

I have been sucking up to Cam, baking him butter tarts, and giving him jars of pickled leeks, because he is the guy with the plane.

How would you like to hear- "where do you want to fish today?"

then pull out a map, without consideration of access or distance, that's pretty cool

it's the ultimate back lake fishing weapon

100_3155_zps335ec3a5.jpg

my wife and me spent the better part of a day trying to get in here last summer, paddling and portaging, and didn't even quite make it

http://ontariofishingcommunity.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=71169&hl=secret

with wings, it's just over the trees, probably less than 10 minutes from when the little 172 fires up, until the floats touch the water again, very cool

Cam is friends with most of the province, including this camp owner, who has had a bear come in a window, leave through a door, then come in another window, rip open everything, then leave through a wall, then come in through the repaired door and leave through a repaired window etc., so a 12 gauge made the trip with us

100_3157_zpsf2b673d5.jpg

we didn't see the bear, I did promptly step on a nail on the "bed of nails" the owner left to protect his camp

We grabbed a canoe from camp, paddled down the lake, tied it off, thenbushwacked to the secret lake, to some cached canoes I had found via snowmobiling, in the winter. The snow was super deep, and I didn't think the canoes were locked up but wasn't sure under the 3' of snow. Luckily the weren't locked. Away we go.

The secret lake turned out to be smallmouth only (no largies, weird), fast action, no biggies though

100_3160_zps821b7751.jpg

a hot, calm day, good for paddling, probably not so good for the bite

100_3159_zpsb35a2d56.jpg

summer has been great, lots of fishing, mishaps- stepped on that nail, my legs are currently covered in poison ivy, and had a tick

took the tick to Minden hospital, it was a wood tick, no trouble, another kudos to the Canadian health care system, here's the pic, sac

28fd6bad-dfd8-49ab-99f9-fc2018557533_zps

it's not a Moosebunk or Solopaddler report, but it's something,

Edited by chris.brock

it's not a Moosebunk or Solopaddler report, but it's something,

Some have the gift,some dont,but it makes no matter. A report is a report. This is a fishing site after all.LOL

Cool to have a plane to get around.

Thanks for sharing.