Daily Carp Report - May 28th

ccmtcanada

Well, after having some action pretty quick last night with the mixed ground bait, Bly went out and bought herself a spring feeder. Again...we only have 2 or so hours a night to fish, so we headed back to our regular spot for some evening/night fishing. I'm not sure if the fish are just biting better now, but we had action pretty much all night. Between the two of us, we went 5 for 7!! Our best night yet...not bad considering we were there from about 830 til 11pm. We did take a half hour break...some younger guys were there carping (with just corn on a hook) as well, but they didn't have any action...they wondered what we were doing that was different, so we took some time to explain what we've learned and the kind of gear we were using.

I brought in the first one...about 10 minutes after the first cast....this ended up being our biggest of the night at 30" and 18 pounds 4 ounces.

gallery_60_23_26380.jpg

Then I got this smaller guy (27")....well fed though!

gallery_60_23_57047.jpg

Bly brought this nice 29" one in next...

gallery_60_23_48435.jpg

My turn again....28.5"

gallery_60_23_61154.jpg

Finally, Bly ended out night by catching this guy...a 29.5 incher with a nasty wound under it's fin like the one I posted the other week.

med_gallery_60_23_12673.jpg

Not that I'm counting, but I did catch more fish and the longest one of the night....but like I said...who's really counting....haha. :thumbsup_anim::whistling:

Ok...I think I need help...been out fishing too much lately...but I cant stay away....ARGHHHH!

Looks like you guys know what your doing. Its nice to see you are willing to share some tips with people as well, sometimes when you ask someone for some tips they look at you like you want the caramel secret or something.

Now you know next time out Bly is going to get more fish than you eh?

Great fish . . . it's gotta be REALLY difficult to land 'em in the dark . . . half the strategy of bringin' 'em in is seeing where they're heading . . . . they're very adept at dragging your line along rocks, or winging you around logs, stumps (shopping carts?) and other debris! are there still any trout guys hangin' around there, or have they all retired their rods till fall?

Looks like you guys know what your doing. Its nice to see you are willing to share some tips with people as well, sometimes when you ask someone for some tips they look at you like you want the caramel secret or something.

Now you know next time out Bly is going to get more fish than you eh?

Thanks Badger Shark...we still have lots to learn, but each time we go out we learn a bit more. As far as sharing tips...these guys are always there fishing for them...they already know the spot and that carp are in there because they see us pulling them out. I figure, give them a few tips...why the heck not? I got lots of help from ppl on this board...so it's kinda like paying it forward. Love the analogy to the caramel secret....LOL.

Great fish . . . it's gotta be REALLY difficult to land 'em in the dark . . . half the strategy of bringin' 'em in is seeing where they're heading . . . . they're very adept at dragging your line along rocks, or winging you around logs, stumps (shopping carts?) and other debris! are there still any trout guys hangin' around there, or have they all retired their rods till fall?

Thanks! It's not completely dark there, so you can at least see which way your line is moving. Once we get them closer to land however, we need the flashlight...for some reason it's harder to see them up close...go figure!

The trout guys are pretty much gone...may see the odd one come out, but usually by 9pm, we have the whole area to ourselves.

Thanks! Haven't seen any trout guys in awhile now and the debris isn't bad where we are fishing. There are a couple of obvious trouble spots but we do our best to cast between them and usually the fish are clear of them before the real tussle begins. They have also been fairly easy to see on the way in....the jumping and splashing lol

bly

It doesn't matter what your intentions are, you guys still end up catching fish! Things are just meant to be. Congrats to both of you and your surceases and great efforts to achieve them. I am envious.

Thanks Disco Phish...but...what you dont see are the number of times we go out and get nothing. We dont report on our skunks...LOL.

Lots of times, we'll start by carping, and then once the sun goes down, we'll head off in search of some night time pike or walleye. The reports you see are just the carp....cause we didn't catch anything else on our multi species hunting...haha.

Great looking night there, congrats to the both of you. I can't wait to see what happens if you two started targeting muskie :)

LOL...now those beasts are different that's for sure!! That and there aren't many (if any) shore spots near us that will allow us to even target them. We've been pretty lucky so far...I think Muskie would be a stretch to say the least! I figure next on our list will be Bass...once the season opens of course. Hey...if you ever want to catch a few Carp...drop me a PM...we have extra gear...just bring a chair...LOL. They put up a real nice fight!

The way we target new species is...look in the water....what's in there....can we catch them? If so, then what do we need so it wont cost us an arm and a leg. LOL. :lol:

nice job! congrats on ur successful outing with the groundbait :) ...

man why can't i get any lol .. got out for 2 hours in the afternoon and got skunked ...

One thing I changed from the last time I went out was how much water I added to the ground bait. The first time out I made the consistency of the groundbait to be on the drier side...problem is in about 10 minutes it was all gone. Since I was fishing the mouth of the trib, I figure all that nice scent was just flowing out into Lake Ontario, with the Carp getting a free meal!! LOL.

Last night, I mixed it with a little more water and packed it harder in the feeder. That tended to bring them to the feeder and thus my boilie....even after 20 minutes in the water I still had about half the ground bait in the feeder.

Could have been coincidence...who knows....LOL.