Tying on lures with arthritis

captain2002

This is a shot in the dark, I love to fish but with arthritis and carpal tunnel, tying on lures is almost impossible. Took me 10 minutes to put a top water on my line, at least 12-15 tries before I did it. Other than a snap swivel I'm at a loss, and even have problems opening the snap. And the lures do not react as they should when using them.

I have done Google searched for help, but no real answers. :dunno:

Suggestions any one???

Thank you. :(

Berkley makes a product called Easy Clips - I used to use them all the time with good success. You will have to tie it on once, but after that changing lures is a breeze. I landed many big pike and muskies with no issues on them.

Here's a link:

http://www.berkley-fishing.com/Berkley%C2%AE-Easy-Clip-Snaps/Swivels/1285567,default,pd.html

Pete

As far as snaps,and tying directly?,I could argue that.I have seen no difference in catching fish quantity or size using either method. I personally prefer a snap swivel ,but that won't help you now. I'm sure you will get some great options!

Try this , it may help. Run your line through the eye of the lure, then form a loop above the lure leaving a long tag end, next hold the tag end below the lure while still pinching the loop above the lure, next spin the lure around the tag end 6 or 7 times, next run the tag end through the loop formed above the lure , pull tight, moisten the knot and snug it down to the eye of the lure. Much easier then it sounds.

Try this , it may help. Run your line through the eye of the lure, then form a loop above the lure leaving a long tag end, next hold the tag end below the lure while still pinching the loop above the lure, next spin the lure around the tag end 6 or 7 times, next run the tag end through the loop formed above the lure , pull tight, moisten the knot and snug it down to the eye of the lure. Much easier then it sounds.

Thats a Uni/Duncan

My pop bought one of those knot tying tools. He use,s it,but when I,m with him,I just do it for him. he mumbles about it,but I just say shut up and fish.LOL

I do the same, not because he can't but I don't want him losing $30 lures because of bad knots! :)

Edited by BillM

Ever try Celebrex? It has helped a lot of folks with arthritis. I know it is not a fancy tool, it is a medication... Seems to help a lot for those suffering from arthritis related inflammation.

Just a thought,

G

Hhere is the stringease I use it for Muskies it comes in different sizes for Bass to Walleyes makes changing lures quick and easy . I been using them the last several years on Cowgirls and Bulldogs never had one fail or break

Sorry I thought I pasted a picture of the Stringease multi use clip but it didn't work . You can buy them at several online shops . Do a search and look them over it will help your problem no opening snaps just a quick twist . I have most of my Muskie buddies using them now so far everyone likes them

Thanks again one and all some great tips, looks like online shopping is now on my to do list.

Gerritt I tried Celebrex along with every other know prescription for pain and inflammation. I have 2 total knee replacements, having a hip replaced this winter and Dec 2015 a total shoulder replacement. Can you say "Bionic man" As you can see I have an issue with Cartilage, or the lack of it. Contact sports and osteoarthritis equals me...... :dunno: