I pilot 80 terrova or 70pd

Lucky Linda

I have read most of the past posts on this topic but quite a few are from 2013.

I was sold on the ipilot 80, then someone told me the 70 would work.

Now I am reading about the stow and deploy part and think that it would be easier for me if the trolling motor was easy to put in and out. But maybe I can get use to it?

Shaft I have read not to get the short one...do I need 60"?

I value your input! Please help!

I have the terrova with a 60" shaft and I pilot. My dad has a powerdrive original. There is no comparing the two. Mine is easy to stow and deploy. His is a bugger to stow and deploy and the pedal on the powerdrive sucks compared to the terrova.

The 60" shaft depends on what you have it mounted on. Mine is on a bass tracker 190tx and is too long for most situations I fish in. If I had a deep v, it would be perfect.

Oh an unless you are fine with just the ipilot (some people are) you will not get a pedal with the powerdrive if you install and ipilot. This may have changed though.

If you are really looking for the ultimate stow and deploy, check out the new Minnkota Ulterra. It looks like a terrova on steroids. It automatically stows and deploys with a push of a button on te ipilot remote. It can also be adjusted up or down using the remote or pedal. Not worth it for me to upgrade but if it would have been on the market when I bought the terrova, I would have seriously thought about it.

I have a 60in shaft on my deep v and feel its too long. Gets in the way more times than its length is worth. I rarely have it deployed full length. Wish I got a shorter length. Check the Minnkota website for length guidelines.

I have a 60in shaft on my deep v and feel its too long. Gets in the way more times than its length is worth. I rarely have it deployed full length. Wish I got a shorter length. Check the Minnkota website for length guidelines.

Yikes! I thought it was adjustable. Will look into that. Thanks for the info!

I just want to thank everyone for all the help!

We have the new boat, did a 'boating' day as I wanted to get to the current where Lake Huron and the St. Clair River meet (it wasn't fun to take the 25HP in that current and try to fish) and just drive the boat.

I did have a chance to try the Terrova a bit....I am so impressed! It's amazing!! I tried the "anchor lock" yesterday and it was like a dream come true. So much power, very happy with the 60" shaft in the waves and its all adjustable so good word on that advice. I like the button where I can press for North..for when I feel a little turned around. I haven't even pulled the foot pedal part out yet...just had a blast with the remote. It had me going over 3 miles an hour in current!

I felt like I had a friend on the bow of the boat...amazing!

Thanks again!

linda