New Boat Question

Matt Janes

So I went to look at a 2001 Lowe tonight. The guy is offering what I consider to be a reasonable price. I'm all but ready to make a deal and my wife comments that the transom is not very high. She is concerned that our 4 year old is going to go flying off the back cause there is no height at the back like our current boat has. Do any of you think this is a legitimate issue? The thought never would have crossed my mind if she hadn't mentioned it. She says she loves the boat otherwise. I've included a couple pictures so you can see what I mean. Any input would be great. Help me convince her to get this boat!

Thanks!

Matt

image.jpg

Nothing to worry about, its a standard 20" transom, every boat you look at will be the same. There is a 25" but you wont see them around here. Its because the side are higher it gives the appearance that the back is low but it isnt.

Your old boat has a full width, gunwale height splashwell I assume. Its not so much the transon height but the easy access via the rear casting platform layout that is the problem. Not a big fan of eavestrough sized spashwells they put on boats today, especially if you are going on big water.