UNSKUNKED . . . Finally!

Photoz

Well, I hit beautiful Hamilton Harbour just around daylight, and was instantly greeted by the squawks of about a million birds, about half of them cormorants! 'Uncle Buck' arrived a bit later, and set up not far away. Things were pretty dull till the very lovely wee cheerleading captain of Team 5 arrived . . . . but even her presence didn't get the carp biting. We watched groups of 6 or 7 of them, chasing each other all over the harbour for several hours, and it didn't look like they were feeding! If I had on MY mind, what THEY had on THEIR mind, I wouldn't have been interested in food either! By 11:00 not one line bump between about 8 people, so I packed up and headed east, but no before doing this cute l'il pic of Mom keeping the brood warm! med_gallery_77_129_83254.jpg

I arrived at Etobicoke Creek about 12:30, and immediately started getting line bumps, and within a half hour, had my first carp of 2007 . . . just under 25 pounds, and a fat 33"! Feels great to unload that ol' skunk, I even got another 29", but only about 17 pounds, not quite so fat! med_gallery_77_129_88181.jpg

Tomorrow, around daylight, I'm back at it again! Anybody wanna drop over?

Great report Photoz. I was at the same place at the harbour last night we fished to about 4am and had a few hits but none on. We seen groups of 15-20 of them chasing eachother around that small little point and all over the shorelines. It was neat to see but after several hours of trying to get them to bite we called it quits. We seen a few of them that were pushing the 40lb range, now if only they could bite.

Way to go Photoz,! It was great meeting you today! What an amazing set up that is for carp fishing. I had no idea it was so involved. Thanks for the lesson in carp gear and the excellent conversation.

Cheers,

jen

:rolleyes:Well, the weather conditions aren't too bad, slight mist out there, barometer low, and dropping, wee breeze from the east . . . .and being ALMOST right in the lake, the water is still kinda cold for spawning (very noticeably cooler than Hamilton Harbour) as these fish come in from the lake to the creek, they are still feeding . . . . so you have a good chance of nailing one. The hard corn (maize) is about the only way to go here . . . canned corn or even a worm will catch carp . . . . but the gobies are real fast, they'll strip a hook so quick the carp won't even get to sniff the bait! Now . . . I go in search of the 40" carp 'for theeee TEAM' :clapping: . . . . good luck to anybody else going out today!

Steve (CPH) and I had faith in our carp mentor...WTG !!!

Hopefully the carp up this way are used to the boats going in and out of the locks and are getting hungry...

Happy Carping old friend...

:rolleyes:Well, the weather conditions aren't too bad, slight mist out there, barometer low, and dropping, wee breeze from the east . . . .and being ALMOST right in the lake, the water is still kinda cold for spawning (very noticeably cooler than Hamilton Harbour) as these fish come in from the lake to the creek, they are still feeding . . . . so you have a good chance of nailing one. The hard corn (maize) is about the only way to go here . . . canned corn or even a worm will catch carp . . . . but the gobies are real fast, they'll strip a hook so quick the carp won't even get to sniff the bait! Now . . . I go in search of the 40" carp 'for theeee TEAM' :clapping: . . . . good luck to anybody else going out today!

Nice Carp Photoz!! Thanks for sharing :thumbsup_anim: FYI...Team 5 already has a 34" Carp entry from Sonny. Anything under 34" is not worth getting the "ofncommunity.com" sign out for.

OFC Tournament Leader Board

FOTB

:Gonefishing:

Way to go. I hate the skunk. Last year I got skunked quite often and was beginning to get discouraged, but it was only a matter of time and things seem to be coming along this year. Glad you finally got into them Steve.

Joey