Camping At Turkey Point With My Daughter

solopaddler

Well, yesterday morning I made a spur of the moment decision to pull my 31/2 year old out of pre-school and take her camping to Turkey Point.

She's never camped before, so it was a pretty big deal for her. Also, she's never been overnight anywhere without mom around, so I wasn't sure how it would go. Nothing to worry about, everything went fine :) .

Arrived there around mid-day and set up camp.....she enjoyed that. Being a Thursday we had the place to ourselves which I enjoyed ;) .

Mind you it was so hot it was like setting up in the Gobi desert!

100_1121.jpg

100_1123.jpg

My daughter took this pic

100_1129.jpg

As fast as we could we hit the beach

100_1136.jpg

100_1139.jpg

100_1140.jpg

100_1153.jpg

She also took this pic of me

100_1152.jpg

Roasted some hot dogs, then some marshmallows around the fire

100_1161.jpg

100_1170.jpg

She was so filthy, covered with ketchup, sand, dirt, soot, woodsmoke and miscellaneous goo I had to hose her off when I got home today :D . It never ceases to amaze me how filthy kids can get :P .

100_1166.jpg

This picture with the yogourt and grapes is for my wifes benefit. Proof that I fed her healthy food :D .

(Actually, we pigged out on ice cream, popsicles and cookies, but that's our secret ;) ).

100_1167.jpg

Got her all nice and cosy last night and she slept great. Me?, not so good :D.

100_1172.jpg

Stopped at Port Dover on the way home this morning and she caught a million little Gobies. Kids that age, a fish is a fish right? She loved it!

100_1184.jpg

100_1186.jpg

Messed around on the beach for a bit and came home

100_1187.jpg

100_1188.jpg

She had a great time (so did I!), and the best part is she can't wait to go camping again ;) .

cheers, Mike

Mike...what a great dad you are! Looks like you two had a wonderful time out there. She was all smiles it seems! Bly and I were just talking about taking our kids on our first family camping trip...not sure how that will turn out though...LOL.

Thanks for the report...your little girl is a sweetie!

How cool is that. I remember taking my son fishing and camping when he was young. Thanks for reminding me of how much enthusiasm they had at that age, and how dirty he used to get :rolleyes:;)

Joey

Beauty report...but I think you tucked her into the wrong sleeping bag bud...isn't that one yours ? LOL

I thought the same thing solo, that the Dora set up was yours

Great report, thanks for sharing. You got a real cutie there.

Beauty report...but I think you tucked her into the wrong sleeping bag bud...isn't that one yours ? LOL

Enjoy her now...one day you'll turn around and she'll be 22 already and moving in with her boyfriend.

Funny you should mention that, in the middle of the night when my back was killing me I almost made her switch (hers has an attached air mattress) :D

Great job Mike. How was the water in the big lake, getting warm yet?

Not really, IMO it was freezing! Not sure on the temp., but I could only stay in for a couple minutes before it became uncomfortable.

My daughter was splashing around in it all afternoon though, so if you asked her there'd likely be a different answer :P .