Fish n Ski or Fishing boat

Gregoire

depending on your town by laws you can store your boat on the drive way for more than 72 hours at a time. Our neighbour got bit**y about it and called the town office and they sent us a letter that we have to store it in the garage or get rid of it, this is in Newmarket.

I love the Rangers and Lunds, and have been looking at 19ft boats but due to the fact that I want to be able to store it in my garage in Leslieville, and that I will probably only be able to tow a max of 3500 ponds I am thinking that a 15 or 16ft Aluminum is the biggest I can go. As far as price goes I am in negotiations with my new house and my future wife about how much I can spend on my future boat.

Thanks for all the answers so far.

My Ranger, 1985 370V, with all gear and full tanks weighed 3200 pounds even. That is an 17'9"fiberglass boat with a 150 V6 Mercury on it and trailer. I got that figure from parking it on a scale and disconnecting the trailer, so it was only the boat, motor and trailer on the scale.

Hope that info helps.

Don't you already own a boat? A schooner named the Wanderer? How the heck do you fit that down your laneway???

I recently moved Pete. New house in Leslieville, with a 2 car garage. When I got home tonight I did the measurements, and the garage is only 18ft deep, so if I want to store the car in the garage I think even 15ft would be pushing it.

I recently moved Pete. New house in Leslieville, with a 2 car garage. When I got home tonight I did the measurements, and the garage is only 18ft deep, so if I want to store the car in the garage I think even 15ft would be pushing it.

My garage is 24Wx22D and my boat only has inches to spare with a swing away tongue. They take up way more room than you think.

Don't be haters.....Ya Tracker has had a bad reputation in the past but that was the past. I haven't had one issue with my boat. I use it for everything from Lake O salmon to Scugog bass and also ski and tube. Theres horror stories out there about every boat maker....just do your homework like your doing and try and go see every boat you like. Nothing like walking around and checking out the boat first hand

good luck

love mine,, never had a problem,on my third tracker now for the amount of boats they sell there is going to be problems with some,,friend of mine bought a Lund and has nothing but problems with it and I consider Lund to be the best boat out there

Sounds to me like your going to have to abandon your plan to store at home. With a garage only 18 foot deep, that's 2 feet shorter than the garage on your standard new build. There is no way I would store outside in the leslieville area of Toronto. I used to work in T.O, and there are too many thieves, vandals and opportunists! An option for you could be the Scarborough sailing club at bluffers park. It's a mix of small sailboat owners and salmon fishermen. You store your boat outside in a gated compound on the trailer. They have full lounge facilities, a beer fridge, barbecues and put on a couple of small salmon derbies every summer. Not sure of total costs per year, but I don't believe it's over the top expensive, and you can launch on lake O all summer. Again,you'd have to lock all your gear up, but it's probably a better bet than outside in the leslieville area. As for the fish and ski? I would ask myself what am I, a fisherman, or a recreational boater first and foremost. The answer will dictate the purchase! Good luck!

I fish with a friend out of the Cathedral Bluffs Yacht club and looked in to storage yesterday. At $80 a month it seems like an option. I also did some digging and found a model of boat that would fit in my garage. The Legend AllSport:

http://legendboats.com/boat/allsport/

I've read mixed reviews of the Legend. I also will want to use the boat for some big water applications, Lake St. Clair, Georgian bay, and the St Lawrence/beginning of the thousand islands, where it will be kept and used for most of the summer. Not sure if the applications of the boat will necessitated a larger size. The only reason why I want to store in my garage is so that I can grab the boat and run to a spot that I feel like fishing. I have the summers off, so I would like the freedom to choose my fishing destination, and not have to factor in the time needed to pick up. I mostly fish for Musky, but seeing as I live in the city, I would also like to have the ability to go out Salmon fishing for the afternoon as well.

That boat with full windshield is going to be absolutely tiny inside. If that's the length you're looking at, either side console or tiller...

Also, we fished Lake O for years in a 16ft Starcraft tiller, you just need to keep an eye on the weather... Same goes with GBay...

depending on your town by laws you can store your boat on the drive way for more than 72 hours at a time. Our neighbour got bit**y about it and called the town office and they sent us a letter that we have to store it in the garage or get rid of it, this is in Newmarket.

Same happened to me 2 years ago. I am in Newmarket too.