Possible scam?

kickingfrog

I get them and others regularly, I even get them from the FBI, er... allegedly. The continuing one has been someone from Microsoft, again allegedly calling the house and telling me they need access to my computer to fix problems with it.

When in doubt? delete.

Thanx for the heads up. If I may add. Be careful when selling on Kijiji, lottsa scammers. I recently advertised an item. Received an email from a person wanting to view the item tonight (last Friday). It was pouring rain, he asks is the item still available -I reply yes - he asks will I accept a check?

I reply what time you coming to view it, cash only! I've never heard from this person since. I would love to post his email address.

I say legit...these guys kill me they deliver packages to the door collect the duty and taxes from you then months later when you least expect it BAM the bill for brokerage....Not sure why they can't just charge me this at my door :wallbash:

I had one from Hungary asking me for money.

It was supposed to be sent from my Mother.

I knew where my mother was .

I reported it to Google and they sent me new updates unfortunately my Mother lost all of her info with Google ..

Her account was wiped clean everything and I mean everything!!!

Don.

FedEx is known to bill you a month later on import charges if they didn't collect at the door. So it could be legit. If you don't remember getting something that was from FedEx, give them a call and confirm that it is indeed sent out by them.

So many scammers these days, I wouldn't be surprised if it was a scam.

This could be me if my parents had not raised with me a CONSCIENCE.... Here is a hypothetical explanation.

I have to confess, due the high cost of "brokerage fees" cough rip-off. I have found it is very prudent to study my neighbors work schedule. Then I go get a AM EX preloaded credit card in my neighbors name so the name and addresses match. If anyone questions me I say OH it is a gift for some made up favor they did for me.

I then order my stuff and have it shipped to my neighbors address. By being clever enough to add PLEASE SAFE DROP at the back door.... Then I merely have to wait until the Fed Ex truck has gone around the corner, then I go through our joint gate because we are such good neighbors... I scoop up my package and enjoy my products without having to trouble myself with those nastly brokerage fees from sites that won't ship USPS to Canada....

The moral of the story is to NEVER EVER under any circumstances order anything from outside of Canada unless the brokerage is included or they delivery via USPS.

Edited by Canuck2fan

This could be me if my parents had not raised with me a CONSCIENCE.... Here is a hypothetical explanation.

I have to confess, due the high cost of "brokerage fees" cough rip-off. I have found it is very prudent to study my neighbors work schedule. Then I go get a AM EX preloaded credit card in my neighbors name so the name and addresses match. If anyone questions me I say OH it is a gift for some made up favor they did for me.

I then order my stuff and have it shipped to my neighbors address. By being clever enough to add PLEASE SAFE DROP at the back door.... Then I merely have to wait until the Fed Ex truck has gone around the corner, then I go through our joint gate because we are such good neighbors... I scoop up my package and enjoy my products without having to trouble myself with those nastly brokerage fees from sites that won't ship USPS to Canada....

The moral of the story is to NEVER EVER under any circumstances order anything from outside of Canada unless the brokerage is included or they delivery via USPS.

You can refuse delivery by UPS/FedEx and negotiate lower brokerage fees. I do it all the time if the buyer won't lower the value of the package on the customs form and they won't ship USPS.

Edited by BillM