Trailer paint?

scugpg

I tried tremclad, didn't last 6 months, armour coat same thing. So I figured I'd try Plasti dip from Home Hardware. It didn't last 4 months, even after I removed 98% of the old paint & rust with a knotted wire brush on my grinder. (lottsa elbow grease). Plasti dip is $20.00 per spray can, figured it was the cure - nope! Home Hardware did refund the 100 bux (5 spray cans, numerous coats I spent on paint. Now I have to wire brush it again. I'm going to search out a coating at Dura Coat in Hamilton. I've been told they have a good product - but expensive.

My father used to scrape and touch up my steel trailer every summer for me- got me this far at least but now I am looking to replace the 16 year old trailer- about $2000 for a galvanized ride from Excaliber- gonna bite the bullet and not worry about rust anymore. I trailer too much to worry about repainting etc and stone chips just start the process over again.

thanks all. its not much rust, just a bit below the carpeted steps on the trailer. Spraying might be a bit of a pain so I'm thinking of brushing on. it will likely last me at least 5yrs with my light use and by that time might go with a new trailer.

what kind of brush could I use to keep stroke lines to a minimum?

Thanks

Thanx Farsider for the lead to Por 15. I searched in online, spoke to the rep in Montreal & ordered the 4 products they recommend. Should be here early next week. Hopefully my rusted trailer will be a thing of the past. Once my painting is completed I'll shoot you guys an update.