Best Fishing Raingear

mattaw

What do you guys think of the Frog Toggs or Toadz? Bought the Toadz last year and it keeps me very comfortable.

A buddy has the Frog Toggs suit and I was surprised how well it held up on the trip with the rains we had. Not sure about the long term use as it was brand new at the time.

What time of year and for what discount does the BPS 100MPH and Cabelas Guide suits go on sale? I will have to watch for them as well. Presently I use a Wetskins X-Treme suit that I picked up a Costco for around $50-60. For the price its great but I looked at the 100MPH and they are way heavy duty.

Burt :)

I had a guidewear suit and loved it...

Lost the jacket but luckily another member gave me a mint almost new 100mph jacket... I like the 100mph jacket better... I hated the pockets on the guidewear... To many baggy pockets...

So now I'm rocken guidewear bibs and 100mph jacket...

All kept me dry... All were well made... It's more of personal preference of design

I forgot my rainsuit and borrowed a buddy of mines and we fished in one heck of a rain/wind storm. The suit was one of the old style Gortons fisherman suit all rubber and I was bone dry till the sun came out and the humidity hit us. I was sweating in 10 minutes. So when it is an overcast day and raining enough to keep me cool I bring out the all rubber suit. Otherwise it is a goretex motorcycle suit.

Art

What time of year and for what discount does the BPS 100MPH and Cabelas Guide suits go on sale? I will have to watch for them as well. Presently I use a Wetskins X-Treme suit that I picked up a Costco for around $50-60. For the price its great but I looked at the 100MPH and they are way heavy duty.

Burt :)

I was looking at those tonite and did not grab one. I was going to ask if anyone had tried them out? I have a BPS pro Q bibs and a Columbia coat right now. Wasn't sure if I should grab a bps pq coat. The costco coat and pants made me wonder if that would be the way to go for a proper rain coat.

I was looking at those tonite and did not grab one. I was going to ask if anyone had tried them out? I have a BPS pro Q bibs and a Columbia coat right now. Wasn't sure if I should grab a bps pq coat. The costco coat and pants made me wonder if that would be the way to go for a proper rain coat.

The Costco Wetskins suit is what I have, it's fairly heavy, breathes pretty well, the price is decent, but if it's raining pretty good, in time, the water soaks through,

I don't want to spend $300 plus and find out it's similar to the Wetskins gear

I'm still leaning towards Art's opinion, rubber when it's pouring, Wetskins when it's warm and light rain

The Costco Wetskins suit is what I have, it's fairly heavy, breathes pretty well, the price is decent, but if it's raining pretty good, in time, the water soaks through,

I don't want to spend $300 plus and find out it's similar to the Wetskins gear

I'm still leaning towards Art's opinion, rubber when it's pouring, Wetskins when it's warm and light rain

I'm going to go try on the 100 mph suit. Like you I just worry about its breathability. But maybe it's the old Frogg Toggs when it's light and that when it's heavy.. Will update

I've worn pretty much everything over the years.

Best suit I ever had was a goretex one made by Fenwick, it lasted over 10 years and was bombproof.

Cabelas and Bass Pro are both good, but if forced to choose I'd have to give the nod to Bass Pro rainwear.

The best value imo is the Pro Qualifier suit from Bass Pro. I like the fit better than the 100mph suit and they're pretty much bulletproof. Cheaper too, especially if you get the suit on sale.

I'm wearing a Simms jacket and bibs now. Fantastic fit and finish but time will tell if stands up.

In my honest opinion if you are looking for a rainsuit and want a deal then wait until the Cabelas opens up in Buffalo this summer and by the Cabela's rainsuit in September for 50% to 60 % off. I paid 202 US dollars for mine last September instead of 450 us dollars, it was a great a great deal and I see the same deal year over year. The price in Cabelas Barrie will probably be around 550 for the same suit.

my buddy had the 100mph, then took it back for the pro qualifier.

take both of them, one in each hand, and CAREFULLY look over them and compare.

you will notice the pro qualifier is better in virtually every way.

Thats what alot of the reviews said also , and led me to the PQ bibs. I hate getting my "junk" wet every fall while atv'n to moose camp. also the biggest difference apparently in the 100mph to the Pro Q is the PQ is much easier to P out of. The front zipper is longer or something? I ordered mine online and had to go by the reviews, so i have no first hand experience. no rain test yet for my bibs but they do cut the winter winds nice. The cabela suit sounds sweet at that 50-60% off price in the u.s. also