Thought for today

SirCranksalot

I am reminded of a day in probably late May/early June in Petawawa, out in my twelve foot tinny, and the crap Fairy struck me, quite forcibly, on the soft spot on top of my head and said "crap NOW!" For those of you who do not suffer from IBS or any other bowel-vacating-right-now situations, the crap Fairy is something one ignores at one's peril.

I was anchored and catching decent fish, but twenty feet either way of my anchor spot was a blackout zone, nada, and it had taken me quite a while to find this honey hole.

No matter, the crap Fairy must be obeyed, and up anchor and quickly to shore, haul the boat up and find a level spot, down go the drawers, and within a very few seconds I had FUR, as in MOVING fur, all over my arse, balls, face, and every other square millimeter of exposed flesh. We are talking ZILLIONS of blood-thirsty black flies, well past the swarming time and well into the blood-sucking time. I hauled my pants back up and ran for my boat, far better to crap myself without the bugs than to feed them where I was.

True story..............

Doug