Springtime in Ontario

lew

The temperature in Yuma has been in the mid-80's all month.

Garry, my next door neighbor has a place in Yuma and has been there since last October and just got home last night. I was just talking to him a few minutes ago and think he's in shock right now after seeing all the snow we've still got. :lol:

Well it ain't coming anytime too soon....

... this mornings "fun". Figured I may as well enjoy the first windless day in 2 weeks before plowing it.

The ice shot is taken from the Cedar Point / Lighthouse Point Ferry towards Blue Mountain!.. Nottawasaga Bay locked TIGHT with 2+ feet of ice.

Think I'll head North next week... 3 feet of ice and travel to back lakes should be mint!

Edited by irishfield

No early Robins yet. That's my sign for spring ;)

Saw a pair Friday evening gathering nesting material as the sun was setting. Regardless the weather spring is an eventuality. Has been every year since I can remember.

I keep a couple bird feeders going all winter outside the front window and it's always nice to have a few dozen birds here all the time. Jays, chickadees, cardinals, finches, mourning doves, plus whoever else decides to drop in for dinner.

I keep a couple bird feeders going all winter outside the front window and it's always nice to have a few dozen birds here all the time. Jays, chickadees, cardinals, finches, mourning doves, plus whoever else decides to drop in for dinner.

Like the deer, turkeys, rabbits. Tried feeding the rabbits here one winter, the owls and fox took care of that plan LOL.

We have deer everywhere around here Cliff, infact there's 5 or 6 in the yard right now and usually a few turkeys too, but I NEVER see any rabbits so maybe your fox & owls came from this area LOL