Any stout fans out there?

BillM

There must be! Cause I can't be the only one.. I've been making regular trips down to NY to pick up a few of my favs (Sam Adams Cream Stout, Left Hand Brewing Co Milk Stout Nitro, Bells Kalamazoo Stout, and about a dozen others)... Most if not all of these beers aren't even available in Canada, which really sucks.

20140304_210820_zpslpxeo2wr.jpg

I like the Sam Adams, I don't venture too far into the stout, but if you haven't already, I suggest giving Innis & Gunn a try (original) it's not a stout but it's cask brewed and delicious, if possible get it in the glass bottle, tastes better to me than when it's in a can.

I've tried all of the Innis & Gunn varieties, as well as pretty much all the stouts available here in Ontario by any of the well known breweries... I was hoping someone would chime in with an Ontario craft brew stout I haven't tried yet :)

Can't tell you if it's readily available but R&B from BC have a Bacon stout that was hard to put down. A buddy brought some over at Xmas and I never asked where he got it.

I have to be in that perfect frame of mind for stout but bête noir out of QC is good and one that I have not found but read great reviews is from Yukon brewing company

Hi Bill,

Give this one a try if you can find it in stock at the LCBO store.

Beau's The Tom Green Beer. It is an Ontario Milk Stout which is great, 5% 600ml bottles @ $4.85 each SKU #365627.

If i find it in stock at the LCBO, i buy evey bottle they have.

Cheers.

Thanks bud! This is exactly what I was hoping for... I'm assuming you've tried the 8 Ball stout available at the LCBO as well? It's not to bad.

I second the Tom Green beer. Beau's makes some excellent beers. I also liked a milk stout I tried at Christmas LA VACHE FOLLE IMPERIAL MILK STOUT. LCBO site says it's discontinued so grab a bottle if you can find it.

Hi Bill,

Yes the eight ball is a good one as well.

Another of my favorites is the Highlander Blacksmith Smoker Porter by the Highlander Brewing company located north of Algonquin park.

I also like to stop by the Church Key brewing company north east of Campbellford in the summer for free samples.

They make some great beer for taste testing.

Ross

There are some good and some horrible stout brews in Quebec. I once in a while visit a Crevier depaneur just south of Rouyn-Noranda that has a mind blowing selection of beers you've likely never heard of.

Edit:spelled beer as beef

Edited by Rod Caster

Check out Publican House Brewery http://www.thepublicanhouse.com/ourbeers.php in Peterborough. Yummm

The Publican House Ale
This full flavoured ale has unique Pilsner attributes, creating well balanced malt and hop character. This crisp beer has a layered complexity, with biscuit and apricot notes. Publican House Ale is available all year.
Square Nail Pale Ale
Our West Coast style pale ale starts off with pine and citrus on the nose, with notes of toffee and citrus on the palette. With an IBU of 43, Square Nail has a bold finish with lots of hop character. We brew this beer all year.
High Noon Ale
Our most sessionable beer is crafted with high wheat malt content and gently hopped with traditional lager hops. The result is a clean, easy drinking experience perfect for hot, hazy summer days. This "live" wheat beer has a cloudy appearance, with refreshingly crisp citrus notes.
Henry's Irish Ale
This full flavoured dark ale is available in late fall and is perfect for shaking the chill off. Biscuit and toffee notes blend with a toasted nuttiness and finish with a gentle bitterness.
Stonewall Stout
Our all-barley stout is mildly carbonated, with a bouquet of fruitcake on the nose. A mocha coloured head tops this decadent brew, with espresso and dark chocolate notes and a dry finish. A cold weather warmer, we craft this beer in late winter.
Eight or Better
Our premium beer that we only brew once per year and package in 750ml bottles. At 8.1% ABV, this Belgian style trippel is perfect for after dinner, fireside sipping and is crafted with Abbey malt and two row malted barley. We create this special strong ale using Saaz, EKG and Perle hops.