Northern Ontario Guided Ice Fishing Trip - PAID AD

Yannick Loranger

Hello ice fishing enthusiasts,

For those of you who don't know me, I'm Yannick Loranger, full time guide on the Ottawa River. Although I've been living in Rockland, just east of Ottawa, for the last 7 years, I'm originally for Northeastern Ontario.

I'm inviting you to come spend a few days in my backyard with me for an ice fishing adventure to Lake Abitibi and some backwoods trout lakes. Last year's group enjoyed both quanity and quality as the walleye were big and plentiful on Abitibi. The day of trout fishing saw us limit out on lakers, and then travel to a splake lake to then fill our aggreate limits. I'm sharing with you the best ice fishing I know of, and all within a half day drive from Toronto. Every year for the last 20 years my family has been fishing the same shoal in March, and every year same results: a ton of fish, including a bunch of big ones!

7lbsWalleye_zpsa429bf4b.jpg

BigPike.jpg

Here are the details:

Trip runs March 12th - 16th. (Wednesday to Sunday).

March 12th: Meet and greet at 1pm and an afternoon of fishing on Lake Temiskaming in New Liskeard, followed by travel to our motel in Englehart. Participants stay in Englehart due to its central location 40 mins from Lake Temiskaming, 70 minutes from Abitibi, and 60 minutes from our trout lakes.

March 13th: Lake Abitibi

March 14th: Trout Lakes

March 15th: Lake Abitibi

March 16th: travel back home.

Participants must supply snowmobile.

Cost is $600 pp and includes:

3.5 days of guiding, all fishing equipment, bait, fillets to bring home, heated shelters, luches and snacks, and a Thursday night fish fry.

Extra costs are: motel ($50/night for double occupancy), breakfasts and dinners, and gas. My goal with this trip is keep the total cost per person under $1000.

For more information or to book, don't hesitate to call me at 613.816.FISH (3474) or e-mail: [email protected].

Tightest lines to all of you!

Yannick Loranger

Ottawa River Guided Fishing

www.OttawaRiverFishing.ca

SatHaul_zpscad17137.jpg

LakersSmall_zpsf7b6cd8b.jpg

TwoOvers_zpsb622c5e4.jpg

Edited by Yannick Loranger

I have some great memories from Big Ab and Little Ab, amazing walleye and pike....if you ran a few sleeper huts on the lake I bet you'd be booked solid...

Likewise. I've been going every year for the last 20 or so years. My dad has a10 lber on the wall from Ab. Same shoal, every year. Given I live near Ottawa, running sleepers is a no go and the idea behind this trip is an adventure, no sleeping in one spot for 3 days. The trout lakes are a riot too and add a little diversity and sight seeing to the trip. The backwoods trails are spectacular.

BackWoods_zpsd895bb4e.jpg

Edited by Yannick Loranger

• 4 weeks later...

Good to see you over here, Yannick. I just got here myself (thanks to Moosebunk...........)

Thought I might try to get tracks for my ATV for trips like this. Turns out they are about $6000 installed, taxes in, and make the ATV about a foot wider, so for me that would also mean a new trailer. Maybe next year............

Doug

Edited by akaShag