New carpet for boat.........NF

tizfun

Hey all, In the process of redoing my entire boat carpeting and have it all out, lids cleaned and all ready to put the new stuff on.. Now, went to my local marine shop and the price per yard I thought was very expensive... 85.00/yard.. 16oz carpeting too...

Is there anywhere else I can go to get some quality marine carpet ??

Thanks in advance,

Tiz

I got some high end outdoor carpet from a carpet store on hwy 36 in Lindsay, and the appropriated glue and v-grooved trowel. It went on very well, and wore perfect, actually wore is not the word to use, when I sold the boat it was still in excellent condition. I think to do the front casting deck cost maybe $100. It was not no-snag, which would have been nice, but I wasn't complaining. It was nothing like the cheap plastic green carpet you are likely thinking or picturing right now. The grey colour that is was matched the existing very close.

Good luck.

Entropy

Glue it and take the carpet over the edge of the plywood and staple it there to hold it in place while the glue sets, leave more than enough to go over the edge where your access hatches are, it makes for a nice snug fit when putting them back in.

We hit a few Mom and Pop carpeting stores when looking 2 years back to do a pals boat. Found a great deal as the smaller places don't want inventory sitting around. Around 20 a meter I believe. I used the left overs to do my trailer bunks and rails. You have time shop around. Had them pour some water on it and waited, no leak through. Good luck.

Hey all, In the process of redoing my entire boat carpeting and have it all out, lids cleaned and all ready to put the new stuff on.. Now, went to my local marine shop and the price per yard I thought was very expensive... 85.00/yard.. 16oz carpeting too...

Is there anywhere else I can go to get some quality marine carpet ??

Thanks in advance,

Tiz

I'm looking for marine vinyl, carpet and stainless hardware as well.

I called the Tracker Boats Parts Dept. in Vaughn and they said they do not carry it. I can't find it on Cabelas.ca

I have seen it on the USA sites Cabelas, Gander and BPS but it would be pick up only in 10 business days.

Called a couple of canvas guys in Hamilton and Burlington but they were middle men and wanted big $.

A previous poster mentioned Lens Mill. It's reasonably priced but only comes in blue, black and 1 other colour.

I am calling a place in Miss tomorrow if it works out I will post the name.