Thought this was ..well awesome NF

TJQ

I have a different viewpoint on this...I think that photographer should have received a stiff fine, no different than feeding bears in a park, he is habituating a wild animal with human interaction and when that happens the animal always loses

if he wants to photograph wild animals, go for it

if he wants to interact and get super up close to an animal, go to a zoo

I know that the goats do this all of the time to their friends. They will spar like this when they are in a friendly mood. Ruddy was a over 7ft tall when he reared up and he would come down and bump your hand with his head as gently as he could. He would then huff and snort and capper around and line up for the next blow. He has passed on but he was one of my favorite buds who lived outside.

Art

I agree from the footage it looks like he should not have been in that situation but what we don't know is just how far the elk was from him when it decided to come over and check him out?

He definitely seemed like he knew he wouldn't get hurt if he just stayed calm and non threatening. Wonder what would have happened if he got up and bolted, might have ended badly with a prong in the back and a stomping as well after.