Simcoe Laker/whitefish hut operator with 2 holes per person

redpearl99

Anyone have a recommendation for an operator that provides 2 holes per person?

I called the recommended operator in general (it think it was something like Big Bear Huts) and the guy said that their 4 man hut only has one whole in each corner or one large hole in the centre of the hut. Im looking for a 4 man hut that will also each person to set 2 lines.

Red

If you had 8 lines down and you get a laker on it will wrap around all of those in a couple of seconds and then what? Usually when more lines are close together it makes the fish leary to bite. More lines does not equate to more fish caught.

You want a second line then ask the operator to cut you more holes outside the hut.

Perhaps perch fishing in 10 feet of water you could try using that many lines but it still sounds like a gong show....

I rented from Daves on VB and we were two in a hut....with two large troughs..not holes..it was perfect for perch fishing we had two troughs each man had one line down opposite of eachother ( you could very very well have dropped 3-4 lines down per man per trough well spaced!

I wouldnt drop more than three lines when perch fishing

On Simcoe it is only allowed one fishing pole per person,and one tip up,clearly visible from 60yards from where you can see it.

So I can't use two poles or two tip ups? Sorry if I'm missing something. Any way Lucky sons probably has what your'e looking for.

On Simcoe it is only allowed one fishing pole per person,and one tip up,clearly visible from 60yards from where you can see it.

You sure about that? It is two lines, be it two poles or two tip ups, or 1 pole one tip up, but two lines no matter how you use them.

Two lines may be used for ice fishing except in a limited number of waters (see the exceptions for the Zone in which you are fishing). You must be within 60 m (197 ft.) at all times of any line or tip-up you are using when ice fishing and you must have a clear and unobstructed view of the lines being used at all times. Any spring-loaded device which sets the hook for an angler may not be possessed within 30 m (98 ft.) of any waters.

Two lines may be used for ice fishing except in a limited number of waters (see the exceptions for the Zone in which you are fishing). You must be within 60 m (197 ft.) at all times of any line or tip-up you are using when ice fishing and you must have a clear and unobstructed view of the lines being used at all times. Any spring-loaded device which sets the hook for an angler may not be possessed within 30 m (98 ft.) of any waters.

That's what I just read last night for zone 16(Lake Simcoe)Having two poles in your hand at the same time would ahhh just not be right .lol.From what I gathered,one pole ,one tip up?Per person.

Edited by davey buoy

Then you'd be wrong Davey... two lines... whether it be sitting in your hut with two rods.. a rod and a set line.. a rod.. door open for view and a tip up within the 30m visual distance etc.

• Ice anglers on Lake Simcoe are permitted to fish with up to two lines at any one time. Anglers may, for instance, use a tip-up for a stationary fishing presentation in one hole and be jigging in another. Keep in mind, however, that you must remain within 60 metres of any line that you are fishing with and that you need to keep a clear, unobstructed view of your lines at all times
  • Automatically thought the tip up would be outside.The above quote was from the site.I would be wrong then lol.
  • Always fish with two or more persons,thus the tip ups would be outside.
Edited by davey buoy

Key words.. "for instance".. given example of a rod and tip up. Main key words "fish with up to two lines at any time" ! Tie them to what ever you want..

Thanks for reading outside the box.I take the words for what I think they read lol..I now see what your saying .Thanks.

Edited by davey buoy