Ripley's aquarium in T.O. (added photos Jan 31)

kickingfrog

We took our 3 kids over the Christmas holidays.

Well worth the trip down. The cost is very expensive. $30 per adult and I think $15 per kid plus parking ect....

Make sure you pack a lunch and bring a camera.

You and your son will love it Im sure.

The great lakes exibit was very cool. Giant Largies, brookies, pike ect....

oh, and the jelly fish exhibit was cool too.

Took our young kids and they loved it, as did I. Would go again, to be honest.

Recommend going early in the day if it's possible for you, as the crowds were pretty heavy in the afternoon. That was a month or two ago, so may have cooled off since then.

We went last week on Thursday. Arrived at 10am, along with 5 or so school buses full of kids. Great exhibits and quite a few guides to answer questions. Feeding the stingrays was cool to watch , and the crab pond where you could touch or pick them up was popular with the kids. Parking is right across the road and was $12 for 2 hours. I expected it to be more. The wife and I are both seniors so $15/each. Our daughter is disabled and got in free.

Enjoyable morning.

Edited by floatman55

I went myself without any kids and enjoyed it and there is lots of interactive stuff for the kids do along with the great fish exhibits only complaint is the food services area is far too small for the number of people that visit the attraction would recommend you bring some snacks of your own not to mention that its probably expensive I didn't even bother trying to get into the food area other than that had a great time and would go back anytime I will probably get a yearly membership soon. Enjoy!!

Kawartha Kev

• 3 weeks later...

Went a few weeks ago. Went on a friday night after 7 which was perfect as there was very few people there. Heard it gets very crowded at other times. Even though it was a little expensive we had a great time and it is very well laid out. Some of the tanks should be a little bigger though for the size of the fish as the grouper tank was waaay too small for those giants.