Bass Pro Shipping to Canada

bobowski

I Have a lot of money in gift cards to Bass Pro Shops that I received over the holidays. I am looking to purcahse a pop up ice fishing shelter with theses gift cards. I want to get the Eskimo Quickfish 3 but when I went today to bass pro they didnt have it and dont carry it. They did have a nice Frabill pop up for $249.99 plus tax. So I went online and I can order the Eskimo and have it shipped to me in Canada for around $250 incuding tax, shipping and exchange. I want to pull the trigger and get the item shipped but im afraid that when it arrives im going to be stuck paying a big duty charge thus making it not worth it. Can anyone that has shipped from Bass Pro to Canada in the past please tell me if they had to pay duty on their purchase? Should I just go with the Frabill to avoid the headache as they do look very similar and the Frabill uses a 900- denier skirt as apposed to the Eskimo that uses a 300-denier skirt? I have read and heard a lot of good things about the Eskimo so I was planning on buying that one.

Edited by bobowski

Am I the only guy here who has a Niagara falls NY postal address for these things?

No, your not I have one as well but I fish down there often enough so it's worth it for me, not everyone lives close enough to a border for it to be worthwhile, and some don't have passports. A US adress is only worth it if you can actually physically get there. Anyway as for the original, I order from BPS online at least 2-3 times a year, and it is always price as quoted, no worries!

Edited by porkpie

Thanks guys for all of the replies. You have given me piece of mind to go through with the order. Its going to take up to two weeks to be delivered but I'm in no rush. Heading down to Varadero for a week on Saturday. I'm going to fish the Canal behind my resort and possibly some surf fishing. I'll post my results. Thanks again for your help.

I'd probably just buy the Frabill one [assuming it has decent reviews]. Make sure you can use the gift cards first though. For some reason I am thinking you can't use them online (Canadian cards), but I might be mixing that up with their points system. It's been a while since I ordered anything from BPS.

I ordered some stuff last christmas to take advantage of free shipping.Some goods comes from their Ontario warehouse using Canada post, even if I bought in $US on line, since we have a vaughn store, they charges HST automatically, Then there is $3.50 brokerage fee on orders over $15.

If the good is not available in their Ontario warehouse then it will be coming from US warehouse using UPS, Brokerage fees are also based on a percentage of the final amount. If the item is from China, the rate of duties will be different. Made in USA- no duties. UPS need to go through individual items to collect the duties from country of origin, this is where they get you.

I know that many items are not worth shipping from USA, to canada. Bigger establishment do not want to use USPS. Someone need to go to local post office to drop them off at times. so asking UPS to pickup is more feasible to them, but not feasible to unsuspecting Canadians.

USPS in the states does do pickups.

You can also arrange the pickup on line just like the couriers do.

We get all of our Cabelas and BPS deliveries through CPOST up here.

The only time we don't is some over sized items come Purolator and there are no extra charges above what you pay @ checkout on line.