Extreme Cold Alert!!!!

DRIFTER_016

Toronto tonight will be -10C with a windchill factor of -15.

Where I am in Boucherville Quebec it is -23C with a windchill factor of -30C......chilly but I've seen much worse.

I don't tolerate the cold as well as I once did. Age will do that. :)

There's hundreds of homeless people living on the streets of Toronto, just like any other large city, and when temperatures drop below a certain level a "cold weather alert" is issued.

Lots of good people, many volunteers, work very hard all night long to help those less fortunate and an "alert" is just a way of letting everyone know that the temperatures will be even more dangerous for those living outdoors and to try and get as many as possible inside a warm building.

Nothing more, nothing less.

When it gets very hot in the summer, "cooling centres" are are opened in Toronto to give folks a place to rest, cool off and have a cold drink.

When Toronto does something wrong, everybody is quick to jump all over them, then when they do something good, people still jump all over them.

Pretty sad actually.

There's hundreds of homeless people living on the streets of Toronto, just like any other large city, and when temperatures drop below a certain level a "cold weather alert" is issued.

Lots of good people, many volunteers, work very hard all night long to help those less fortunate and an "alert" is just a way of letting everyone know that the temperatures will be even more dangerous for those living outdoors and to try and get as many as possible inside a warm building.

Nothing more, nothing less.

When it gets very hot in the summer, "cooling centres" are are opened in Toronto to give folks a place to rest, cool off and have a cold drink.

When Toronto does something wrong, everybody is quick to jump all over them, then when they do something good, people still jump all over them.

Pretty sad actually.

Yup, couldn't agree more, the cold weather alert is for the homeless folk who come from all parts of Canada, city and rural, that need extra help to get by.

People actually can die if left exposed to these temps, so as a public service announcement on the weather channel, I think it's quite warranted.

Toronto tonight will be -10C with a windchill factor of -15.

Where I am in Boucherville Quebec it is -23C with a windchill factor of -30C......chilly but I've seen much worse.

I don't tolerate the cold as well as I once did. Age will do that. :)

YAWN!!!!

It was -59 with the windchill here late last week. :tease::tease::tease:

I hear ya aboot the old age and cold thing.

Could have something to do with the 50#'s of insulation I've lost since last winter too. :whistling: