Im tired of the news and now local FF

misfish

I just watched the most ignorant view of safe ice. Not only from the Barrie FF but from some dumb :asshat: that was saying I wouldnt be out on 1.5 " with a heater in hut.Oh look at those guys way out there. hey ole man,dont speak of what you dont know. Kids playing hockey on a SOLID 5" of ice,close to shore. Even the FF measured. Yup 5 inches.,and they still say not safe.

GMAB

WHY WHY WHY,DO THEY CONTINUE TO SCARE PEOPLE?The news that is?

Those of us that know,and know our limits,why do they continue to scare?

You talk about a NANNYS WORLD,,there ya go.

:wallbash::wallbash::wallbash::wallbash::wallbash::wallbash::wallbash:

look on the other side of the coin, less people out there with you!!! also less likely someone's going to go out alone and not come back if they're new, unless they're just clueless which in that case its considered population control to me haha

it was 5 inches of ice

yeah they made themselves look like morons

this is dangerous they say

they say the safety charts say 4" to walk on

then they check the ice and it's 5 ", well they say that doesn't make it safe..what are the parents thinking letting their kids on thin ice

and who knows how thick it is in the middle

well we know we chipped 50 hole checking

it was 5 inches of ice

it was 5 inches of ice

it was 5 inches of ice

Edited by Terry

If they want to scare people,then talk to the ones that walk out with no floater suits,no ropes,not even a spud to check as they walk out.. I seen that this past Sunday. They walked the furthest of all the people out there,and towards the river mouth., I have been on this lake for over 30 years. You know when,and not to.Buddy system is the best.

1.5 is silly... People who walk out on that are asking for a Darwin award.

5 inches is more then enough for an ATV, sled, whatever.. Absolutely safe enough for a few kids to place some shinny, lol.

Edited by BillM

I don't really ice fish much but I can tell you I don't think I would venture out on a lake with 1.5" of ice. You obviously know what is safe and what isn't, but many people who don't ice fish much don't. Better to be safe than sorry imo.

there was 5" of ice not 1.5, a local guy the news talked to who does not fish and does not go on the ice made the statement about 1.5 with no facts he just threw the number out there

it was 5 inches of ice

it was 5 inches of ice

Edited by Terry

1.5 is silly... People who walk out on that are asking for a Darwin award.

5 inches is more then enough for an ATV, sled, whatever.. Absolutely safe enough for a few kids to place some shinny, lol.

no one walked on 1.5 " of ice,

it was 5 inches of ice

it was 5 inches of ice

Edited by Terry

no one walked on 1.5 " of ice,

it was 5 inches of ice

it was 5 inches of ice

Do you think I can't read or something? Who said there was 1.5inches of ice out there? I said, anyone who WALKS ON 1.5inches of ice deserves a Darwin award.. The forum police need to lay off the eggnog.

Edited by BillM

yeah but the old guy was stating there was only 1.5 " of ice and with the heater going in the hut the guys had to be nuts

the guy only made up the 1.5 he had no facts

I don't know anyone who would set up a hut and turn a heater on with 1.5" of ice,

we were pissed that they even said 1.5" when it had no bearing on the news report

then people here follow suit and discuss walking on 1.5 " of ice

skate in 1.5" of ice

Unless,you can skate like the wind like me. LOL

Some need to read,before yakken off.

Ya the fact that the FF said not safe,yet,theres a chart to say different,then they put this sorry ass fella on the screen saying nothing he knows of,is what really set me off. The kids were right out in front of John MaCanns place. Im sure they were the local kids that always play there since they were youngns.

To bad those that report,,dont read the WWW. They might learn a thing or two.LOL

This is no disrespect to all FF. I know some that would agree with me.

Edited by Misfish

If I had to trust anyone out there, it would be Brian and Terry and a couple of others that were there that day(Sunday), not those numpties that were babbling like a bunch of buffoons about how unsafe it was. I would agree to stay away from the east end where the river runs in and probably way down the west end where it runs out for a couple more weeks.