Im tired of the news and now local FF

misfish

Your the guy that SHOULD have to foot the bill when you get rescued! Please enlighten us on ice water rescue and safety ?? What's safe and why ? Different ice types ? What's involved, Resources etc .....

50 chipped holes and you've earned the right to be called the little lake ice legend LOL.

because you are a fireboy does not make you an expert on the ice,

your very replies show you think you are above the rest

firemen have skills and play an important role in the community

but the have zero skills or insight into ice conditions, you are nuts if you believe thst chipping one hole in the ice tells them the condition of the ice...

instead of trying to insult me to prove your point

tell us your skills taught by the dept. to tell the conditions of a lake and how many holes you have to drill to tell if the area is safe...

and you say the fact that I chip many holes checking the ice on the way out , means I should pay the bill for rescue

please enlighten me, what should I do the fireman just told me that is not the thing to do..please tell what is the right way..this is your chance to shine..make it good

Edited by Terry

Ok every body breath.

This is not bash all fire fighters,hell it,s not bashing at all. I am upset that they give out a standard like the chart,then go and say it,s not safe. Then like said. They let someone with no idea at all,speak on camera.

It was total bull.

I will agree,not all ice is safe ice. Water flow,currents,channels make the ice different.

I will be stopping by the CTV after work,and be dropping off the chart,just so he can maybe,understand.

Dick,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Thats funny.

Rather than posting your complaints about what the firefighters said on this forum, why not contact the Fire Dept Chief and voice your concerns there. If you guys feel the FF are giving false advice, take it to the top.