I didn't know we (OFC) had our own brand!! Any one try it?

NAW

I really liked rye whisky in all it's brands over the years compared to any other liquor. Used to drink Gibsons Sterling, -not bad. Did not like Crown Royal, too sweet, for me. A few years ago a friend introduced me to Forty Creek. I guarantee it is not like other rye whiskies. I haven't bought any other since.

They also make a rye liqueur called Forty Creek Maple. Ohhh Man! Merry Christmas!

Back in the day it was Adams private stock,Silk Tassel,Vo,what ever we could get lol.OFC sounds like a premium whiskey,like it should.Fishing and OFC,sounds like a conflict of interest !!! :rofl2: :rofl2: ,couldn't help myself lol.

Edited by davey buoy

I enjoy a bottle of Forty every now and than. It has a new flavour. Something on the label about a cherry kask.

But my favourite Rye is Canadian 83. That's my birth year.. Tastes great on the rocks. But also goes great with A&W.. And makes a great tasting home made Baileys for the X-mass holidays.

I'll have to grab a bottle of OFC next time I'm in the mood for Rye... Likely the anual Nip. trip.

I have the utmost respect for you guys that can tell the difference of a lower end whiskey and a very expensive one.In all fairness not seeing the label.

Could you taste the difference?and tell which one was the lower end one?.

Majority of the time I would say yes. The higher quality more expensive whiskey tends to be much smoother, bolder and warming - not burning.

Agreed, at least from what i have tried it would be fairly easy. Try teachers union whiskey, and than some gibsons rare and a non whiskey drinker could probably tell you which one costs more.

If the differnce was a couple bucks however...

I drink scotch whiskey, mainly single malt.

with a single malt, especially one that isn't too peaty, it is very easy to tell the difference between a cheap(er) bottle ($35 to $50), a mid class bottle ($75 to $125) and a nice bottle ($150+).

i know its opposite ends of the spectrum, but really, I would challenge anyone on this board could and would tell the difference between a 12 year old Glenlivet and the 25 year old Glenlivet Archive. Price is $45 vs $250.

another example, although not single malt, would be Johnny Walker Red vs Johnny Walker Blue. $260 price difference but a massive difference in quality and taste.

That whiskey is straight up swill, lol

Forty Creek Confederation or Wisers 18yr old are my suggestions, yeah its more money, but hey you only get one ride on the merry go round, if you know what I mean.

For a more value priced whiskey I suggest Wisers small batch, just simply delicious!

Edited by Chotchkies House