59 inch muskie

big guy

I'm sorry, why do the public have to wait for a picture of a huge ski to be released?

Probably because the angler who caught the fish made a decision which resulted in it being this way. :mellow:

I can only suspect that he having approached MCI and/or friends with MCI, chose to show & tell his fish how he the owner and angler of the fish and pictures sees fit. That this other effect now online is only because info leaked from him or his small group to someone(s) who felt they needed to bring it up on the www. Had we not known about it, we would be waiting for... nothing. :w00t: The pics are private until made public it appears, and the "why" do we have to wait could be easily answered with, because they are someone else's pics and they will release them when they want to. Just my best logic. :unsure:

They kind of did it to them selves or who ever brought up the story, it was claimed as a record then it was released then it weighed 70 now its down to 60. One thing for sure its a big fish you cant hide big, but to claim it as a record and it was released? get ready they set them selves up for a lashing.

The reports and stories were spread by everyone but the angler. No details were ever released. Everything was speculation. The story was starting to leak so he spoke at the MCI meeting. The fish was never weighed. No claims have ever been made by him. He has no desire but to avoid the crap, jealously and spite that this sort of thing seems to inspire without knowing the story, person or circumstances.

Just like what is starting to show its head on this string.

There have been bigger muskie caught. What made this one special was the girth: 34".

There are lots of formulas out there to figure out weight.. They're pretty good up to 50 " but after that...not too good.

So relax.....stare at your big fish pictures with pride and move on.

Edited by Lunker Larry

I have to give the guy credit. He caught a huge fish and released it. He knows what he caught and doesn't really care what others think. It sounds like it was someone else that wanted everyone else to know about it. He is an outdoorsman that doesn't need recognition.

GbayGiant so true! The angler claimed nothing, nada, zilch, he didn't want anyone to know anything about it, period. So any info about the man, the fish or any claims are either fabricated, an attempt to stir the pot, or simply pure speculation. There is likely a less humble man out there than the gentleman who caught this fish.

Edited by muskymatt

Yup, I do as well... if i caught it, that sucker would be up on my wall. A true once in a lifetime fish

Could it have been a potential world record?

Man if that was me I'd ride the fame train all the way to the bank...., well lots of free gear at least. Lol

Kind of hard to believe these comments being how you are against

" excessive consumption"

Not really I guess

Even a thread about a thread about musky pics turns ugly??? I don't blame the the angler one bit for keeping his story to himself lol. Personally ill wait to see if the pics/story are released. If not, no biggie. In other news...

Yup it's called the winternet. Happens every fall. You could post a thread about puppies and sunflowers and a little guy like Whop. would have a serious issue with it. Meh.